Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it normal to..

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007 | 09:47 PM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Is it normal to..

ORIGINAL: ndotken

Unfortunately, the premise of your question is entirely off base. HD has no concept of customer service, nor do they have any interest in acquiring it.
Maybe you need to find a new dealer, my dealership (Uke's in Kenosha, WI) goes above n beyond to make surecustomers arehappy.

Old 09-24-2007 | 11:12 PM
StreetGlider56
|
Road Warrior

Well it's going in tomorrow for the brackets, and the rough running, I am going to instruct them any non-warranty issue not to touch.. (altho there shouldn't be any anyway, it only got 7300 miles) guess I'll see what there made of...

It's just that I don't want them to miss a serious problem if there was any... like crank problems i've read about here.. there is also a slap in the primary when you
"lightly twist" the throttle and back off... is this normal? is it normal for the clutch lever to pull in by itself when accellerating? and the horrable noise if you don't
give it enough fuel when letting the clutch out... MAN that scared the heck out of me.. I just knew the block got cracked... I'm only saying this because I've owned several other bikes, Wings, and a Kaw 1300, and they NEVER did that...I know it's apples to oranges.. but I have no one to confide in other than the dealer..

I am an Auto Technician and noises like these on a carmeans trouble...

I'm saying "rough running" but i can tell the rear cylinder is cutting out... I have not done the parade download... Justthe 903 enhancement.

Just a bit spooked as to getting the shaft by the dealer.... but we'll see...

OK I'll calm down... If only PhilM live in the neiborhood...

[IMG]local://upfiles/11910/5F8DB71D08BF49BE968682C5D0372FC9.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-25-2007 | 04:26 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member

Mine does not charge anything if you bring the bike in and say you want this and that looked at under warranty. Also, they make you sign a waiver. At the bottom by my signiture, I write, " Do not perform anything that does not fall under the warranty without contacting me first." Since I started writing that, I get a call if something non-warranty related comes up.

Old 09-25-2007 | 10:34 PM
ndotken
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Akitakoi

ORIGINAL: ndotken

Unfortunately, the premise of your question is entirely off base. HD has no concept of customer service, nor do they have any interest in acquiring it.
Maybe you need to find a new dealer, my dealership (Uke's in Kenosha, WI) goes above n beyond to make surecustomers arehappy.
I'm happy for you. But Wisconsin is a long way from Pensacola, FL and all the dealers around here aren't worth sh_t.