Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When's the last time ya....

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 11:00 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default When's the last time ya....

Rode a buddies bike, and dropped the damn thing?!

We had a fairly routine "practice session" this morning. Unfortunately, because it was impromptu, I have started pulling things down to replace a leaky tranny main seal so I couldn't take my glide. No biggie.... Take the Buell, right? Wrong... the freak'n battery was dead.

So off to practice wifey & I head in the car. Two buds are there when we arrive. Allen & Mark & they've already setup a course and are ready to play. After an hour'ish of observation & picture taking, I finally concede to the gererous offers of both to ride their bikes nad make some laps.

I hop on Allen's RG & loosen up a tad. I no more than get into the first 360 degree right hand loop and, while it felt pretty good & smooth, floorbd dragging nicely, & BAM.... grind.... scrap... roll across the lot goes Phil! It happened totally unexpectedly, on something we do all the time. As I hit the ground, I think the passenger floorbd slowly squished across my ancle & introduced it firmly to Mr Concrete... Ouch! (& some other choice elpatives) It loosened up pretty quick, but I decided to periodiclly ice it this afternoon.

Allen - DUDE, I'm sorry! I feel really bad & wanted to publiclly tell ya! What a dork musta looked like rolling out from under the bike.....hahahahaha..........

Here's a pic of Allen doing the same loop PROPERLY. It sure felt like I went in right and was mechanically sound, but obviously I choked somehow.

Thanks for not getting pissed!

[IMG]local://upfiles/8665/B0D82CF347A74044B9C59157B86C2F61.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-23-2007, 11:18 PM
Motown_HOG
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: When's the last time ya....

That is my biggest fear and why I don't ride others bikes and let others ride my bike! Any damage?

Old 09-23-2007, 11:20 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 320 Likes on 196 Posts

Sorry about your mishap. Sounds like you're ok, and the bike isn't hurt to bad. Sounds like Allen is a real friend.

Old 09-23-2007, 11:20 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Motown_HOG
Any damage?
Pride!

Old 09-23-2007, 11:40 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Allen gets to return the favor next weekend, right?

Old 09-23-2007, 11:42 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Glad you're okay (except for the pride, of course), Phil. If you figure out why you went down, let us know.

I have been thinking about adding the comfort bag guards before I take my practice seriously--you're experience tilts me towards adding them, as seen in Allen's sig pic.

Old 09-24-2007, 01:36 AM
07RoadGlide
Banned

First, let me start by saying: Damn, that RG is leaned WAAAAAAYYYYYY the heck over. I don't think I've ever had mine leaned over that far, and am not sure I want to. YOu guys are serious riders.

2nd, this didn't happen to me, but to my best bro: One of the guys we ride with bought a new Yamaha Road StarWarrior and went out and bought an Aircleaner kit, pipes, and some other add-ons. Well, the guy wasn't a wrench (at all) and asked my bro to "help" him with the install. Well, my bro did the work for him and the guy was exstatic! The bike looked and sounded great. Well in a good natured gesture, he told my bro "You did all the work, you get to ride it first!" Well, off my bro went (keep in mind he had never ridden a bike with the ergonomics as the Warrior). Well, he went up to road and back, and as he's slowing down to pull into the driveway, the rear tire found some gravel, locked up, and my bro and the bike both hit a cement drainage culvert. Smashed the tank, front fender, the new pipes, new aircleaner and one of the side covers. Well, the guy wasn't pissed or anything and told my bro not to worry about it, he had insurance. Well, being the stand-up guy that my bro is, he siad "Hell no, I was riding it, I"m paying for it". Well, $3000 out of my bro's pocket and the guy got his bike put back together. Stand-up guy, and he didn't even have to pay for it, but did anyhow.

Old 09-24-2007, 05:31 AM
SpikeCT
Road Captain

Wow Phil....My image of you is ruined........lol Glad your ok and so is the bike.... but there is a lesson learned here..... NEVER LET PHIL RIDE MY BIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol jk......

Old 09-24-2007, 06:51 AM
buttman
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

How's the ankle today? Phil, you know you just jinxed yourself while you were contemplating riding his bike!!

When I first saw this picture of Allen, I laughed and said "Well, that's a good picture of Allen sharpening his razor blades!". Just look at his floorboard.......and they're both that way.

note to self, when parking next to Allen, don't get to close.......leave plenty of room to walk between bikes...

Old 09-24-2007, 08:54 AM
Hardly Dangerous
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel for ya! We swap bikes occasionally but I always have that in mind. Nothing has been said outloud but I think we all know that if any damage is done the rider is responsible. I would never try doing what you do on someone elses bike though. I have a tough time doing it on my own bike.

Quick Reply: When's the last time ya....