Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yet Another 360 Brake Problem...

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 04:51 PM
fishafly
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Yet Another 360 Brake Problem...

I am sure that the people who manufacture the 360 brake has done exhaustive testing & R&D to develope this innovative product. Hope all turns out well.
Or they've had those of us who have purchased it do the testing for them...[:@]

I have heard that they are going to be used on Superbikes for its no-fade stopping power.
This brake WILL fade... believe me... at least it did on mine.. I am now running a 6 piston PM..
This product is very innovative but I do not believe it ready for use on the front of a bagger... Read my post onthe issue
I had with the failure of the brake pads... (see below) No one at 360 could give me a definative reason for failure... a cause for concern in my eyes..

2 - Sand both the friction surfaces on the brake as this is what may be causing the noise.
Jeff, I too did this... twice... neither time did it cure the problem, and only upon opening up the brake again did I find that the pads were history..
I truly hope you get this sorted out and have more success than I did...

Those that are intersted in this brake should read this thread too... https://www.hdforums.com/m_1921356/tm.htm

Old 09-24-2007, 04:58 PM
jskwarek
Road Master

Fish,
Shoot me some pics of you new brake setup if you have them. I am already working on trying to get this thing swapped out with the PM setup. Like you I am just at my wits end, and this is the last shot. I will have the bike back together this weekend and will re-seat the pads again and if it isn't 100% better then before I parked it, then I am going to pull her off. I really hate to do it as it looks really nice, but looks only get you so far, and I don't want to have this thing fail on me 100+ miles from the house.

Jeff

Old 09-24-2007, 05:15 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

save yourself the time and aggravation....buy a PM 6piston and rotor.....it will fade again...it will squeal again....it will fail again

Old 09-24-2007, 05:19 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bryan TTM

save yourself the time and aggravation....buy a PM 6piston and rotor.....it will fade again...it will squeal again....it will fail again
If you're gonna do this, consider the 13" PM rotor (over the std 11.5) w/the 6P caliper.

Old 09-24-2007, 05:20 PM
Yardstick
Road Captain
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

By the way if the Master cylinder, lines and the caliper assy is designed for Dot 5 fluid and you put Dot 4 in there it will mess up the seals and you will have to rebuild it. Don't ask me how I know.

Old 09-24-2007, 06:03 PM
karlrockdrain
Advanced

I really hope these 360 units are not going to be a pain. I have one ready to be shipped from Hogpro after ordering it 6 weeks ago and i will be putting it on a 107 SG. I'm a long way from help here in Austalia if it fu#ks up.
Keep us informed of how your mods work jskwarek

karlrockdrain

Old 09-24-2007, 06:33 PM
jskwarek
Road Master

Yea I hear ya man. I just really am having a hard time letting this thing go and want to be back on the road. I have so much time and money invested in this bike now and she has been on a rack in the garage in pieces all summer now.

Jeff

YardStick,
Others have run Dot 4 in theres and suggested I do the same. What problems did you run into when you put in Dot 4??? Did you mix it or did you flush and clean you system first?

Jeff

Old 09-24-2007, 07:25 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts

ORIGINAL: jskwarek

Yea I hear ya man. I just really am having a hard time letting this thing go and want to be back on the road. I have so much time and money invested in this bike now and she has been on a rack in the garage in pieces all summer now.

Jeff

YardStick,
Others have run Dot 4 in theres and suggested I do the same. What problems did you run into when you put in Dot 4??? Did you mix it or did you flush and clean you system first?

Jeff
"Others have run Dot 4 in theres and suggested I do the same. What problems did you run into when you put in Dot 4??? Did you mix it or did you flush and clean you system first?" It will gel if you do not flush it

Old 09-24-2007, 07:30 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts

Is this a fact as many of these resellers on this site swear by them. I am hopping these will work out. I was ready to buy a pair for my next build. I see you on many posts over a long time. Do you think this system will work out and stop as well as a good pair of 6-piston / 320 mm rotors on a road King? Thanks as I value your opinion.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:52 PM
shooter64
Former Sponsor

I will say only this....I have been sworn to not to say a word....changes will happen, in the short term, I would put on a 6 piston PM, Jay Brake, HHI, or other 6 piston caliper. The product works, we just put a double set on a bagger, and I think it will be fine, I do not think that the 360 people were out to screw anybody, etc, I think they just weren't motorcycle people and did not have the proper knowledge, and were to damn hard headed to listen. I have refunded or traded out, everyone that I have sold, and I won't sell anymore until, I am 100% convinced that all the problems, are worked out, and they have any easy installation fix (i.e video etc). I think that the potential for the product is there, it does work, however there are some manufacturing issuses to work out, as well as making sure that the dealers that they sell to, have the ability to properly install one. The bagger that we put the two on the front, will be ridden, and I had the brakes in stock, and I have not charged the customer for them, until, he rides it enough to for me to be comfortable that they are going to be reliable, not squeal, and perform like they should.

Quick Reply: Yet Another 360 Brake Problem...