Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help-exhaust pipes misaligned

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 05:51 PM
MFERRARA
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help-exhaust pipes misaligned

recently got a 06 ultra. everything is great except minor cosmetic problem. viewed from the back one pipe definitely lower than the other. off by at least half inch. i see the mufflers are supported by the bracket/rail that supports the hard bags. can this rail be adjusted downward without messing up the saddle bag. also thought i could put a couple of washers at the mount point but wont get enough adjustment. any help will be appreciated. p.s. before i took delivery i was sure i would keep my gsxr1000. this ultra is so great i dont miss the video game ride of the suzuki. i think it is going up for sale in the spring, and i wont look back.

Old 12-02-2005, 09:03 PM
ultrared
Cruiser
Default RE: help-exhaust pipes misaligned

Mine is off, too, and I tried every adjustment I could, but it is still about 1/2 " lower. Don't worry about it, as you wont even notice it in about a month. I had both bags off, and loosened/tweaked all the mounts and guards...nothing I could do.

-

Old 12-03-2005, 02:11 AM
vernh59
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You didn't mention which pipe is lower. My RK was like that after the dealer changed my back tire. They take the two small bolts out under the saddle bag, loosen the clamp on the crossover pipe and swing it out of the way to get to the axle. You may be able to loosen that clamp and get the movement that you need. The other thing you could do is take it back to the dealer and let them fix it. It just takes a little time to figure out where to tweek the alignment.

Old 12-03-2005, 02:11 PM
jfanton
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: MFERRARA

recently got a 06 ultra. everything is great except minor cosmetic problem. viewed from the back one pipe definitely lower than the other. off by at least half inch. i see the mufflers are supported by the bracket/rail that supports the hard bags. can this rail be adjusted downward without messing up the saddle bag. also thought i could put a couple of washers at the mount point but wont get enough adjustment. any help will be appreciated. p.s. before i took delivery i was sure i would keep my gsxr1000. this ultra is so great i dont miss the video game ride of the suzuki. i think it is going up for sale in the spring, and i wont look back.
After reading your post and whilst I was installing a passenger backrest on my '06 FLTRI, I decided to check mine while it was on the lift. Sure enough, about 1/2" to 5/8" off from muffler to muffler to ground. Since I already had to adjust the mufflers in the fore and aft direction I thought I'd try to adjust the up and down movement, couldn't get them even. There are a ton of adjustments on these baggers!@#$%&!

Old 12-04-2005, 01:31 PM
Upswept
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You can loosen the clamp on the exhaust connection located directly under the front of the seat. It is a 9/16" socket and there is no need to remove any shields. Then, you can swing the left muffler up or down to get them even. You will probably have to remove the left saddlebag and possibly the left muffler to get then even before reinstalling.