Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rineharts

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 07:09 AM
smathisen
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rineharts

I'm going to change out the exhaust system on my 05 Ultra and decided to go with Rineharts. The "true dual" set-up involves a specific muffler that only fits with Rinehart pipes. On the other hand a Rinehart dual header will fit any muffler. Is there advantages / disadvantages in going with a dual header as opposed to a "true dual" set-up? They appear to be the same thing and the header option gives you more flexibility.

Thanks,
Scott

Old 09-21-2007, 07:16 AM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Rineharts

I decided to convert my stock head pipe to true dual and use Rinehart slipons. If I ever decide to change muffs I wont have a problem. Rineharts true dual head pipe will only accept Rineharts. I do like the dual set up because the exhaust is stereo and it does cut down on some of the heat issue. I have also read where a lot of guys have had some problems with Rineharts true dual head pipes.

Old 09-21-2007, 07:30 AM
texan321
Road Captain

I have had the Rinehart true duals installed on by 07 Ultra - great pipes - good sound - no problems and I did pick up some hp and Torque

Old 09-21-2007, 09:05 AM
smathisen
Cruiser

Thanks...you have the set-up I am going with...true duals and Power Commander. How did that work out for you and what issues were eliminated as result (heat, pinging, lean fuel mixture)...?

Thanks Again,
Scott

Old 09-21-2007, 09:21 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: smathisen

Thanks...you have the set-up I am going with...true duals and Power Commander. How did that work out for you and what issues were eliminated as result (heat, pinging, lean fuel mixture)...?

Thanks Again,
Scott
All the above. I have the same setup.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:23 AM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I decided to convert my stock head pipe to true dual and use Rinehart slipons.
I did the same thing, actually have Vance & Hines Dresser Dual head pipes with Rinehart slip-ons. Rinehart has an equivilant head pipe they call Cross Dressers. My thinking is that on a stock 88" engine the 1.75" head pipes may work a little better in the low rpm range compared to the larger diameter "True Dual "head pipes.

Old 09-21-2007, 12:11 PM
lsc86
Tourer

I recently swapped out my V&H dual headers and SE-II/Kerker slip-on mufflers for a complete Rinehart True Dual setup. Based on my highly tuned and refined buttometer, I can positively confirm that the stepped header design of the Rinehart True Duals produces similar, if not equal, power down low to the V&H Dresser Duals with a bit more top end oomph to go along with it.

Bike is a stock 2006 FLHTi, factory 25 degree injectors, PC-III canned map w/stock ECU, and Arlen Ness Big Sucker intake. Oh and there's a ride bell on the bottom along with some sort of oil like fluid in the 3 holes- I think......

Old 09-21-2007, 01:09 PM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I recently swapped out my V&H dual headers and SE-II/Kerker slip-on mufflers for a complete Rinehart True Dual setup. Based on my highly tuned and refined buttometer, I can positively confirm that the stepped header design of the Rinehart True Duals produces similar, if not equal, power down low to the V&H Dresser Duals with a bit more top end oomph to go along with it.
This may be the firat back to back butt dyno comparison I've seen, thanks for the info.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:32 PM
molsen
Road Master

Great setup you can't go wrong. Had it on my 98 RK and it sounded great, picked up a little more oomph by seat of pants feel compared to my bassani set. PLus there is the Reinhart sound. Toss up between the duals again or 2:1 Reinhart for the 07 RG.