Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bike to bike comms

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 10:52 PM
rstomas
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bike to bike comms

I've got an 07 Ultra, he's got a KZ Nomad with an aftermarket comm setup called STARCOM1. Mine's got a CB, his is for a 2 way radio setup for bike to bike. Anyone got a solution? Will a 2 way radio work in the AUX port on the Ultra?

Thanks for any input in advance.

Robert

Old 09-21-2007, 05:44 AM
Capt.Bob
Tourer
Default RE: bike to bike comms

I would not try it. The aux port is for MP3 players etc. to be played through the radio. The Starcom1 uses a different frequenzy than the cb so communication between the two won't be possible anyway.

Old 09-21-2007, 07:47 AM
dt20
Tourer

not sure it would work as your aux port is probably not set up for vox and would have to use a different radio not the cb. if both of you are using the same frequesncy you would be able to speak to each other but cb and uhf will be different bands so that part wont work unless he can set up CB through his starcom. I had this set up before but both of us used autocom with kenwood uhf radios and worked fine. sorry doesnt help you much.

Old 09-21-2007, 08:22 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

rstomas ,,,,,,

Years ago I thought that FRS/GMRS radios would take over the market for bike to bike ,,,,,

but I was wrong, the good o'l 40ch CB radio is still the radio of choice for bike to bike communications in the USA ,,,,,

one way or another ,,, get one on the Nomad and you will be ready to go ,,,,,

JMJOHN ,,,, john@jmcorp.com ,,,,

Old 09-21-2007, 10:24 AM
hd4life
Novice

Scala-rider bluetooth Team Set. If you Google that you will find it. I found this at a dealer in Europe, he told me he had sold several & they worked great. I found them here on line & bought one. It actually works awsome! It is not suppose to work on separate bikes. It is suppose to be for the rider & passenger, but with Bluetooth we have had quite some distance between us. It ever works good at hyway speeds. Bluetooth is only suppose to work well up to 35 feet but I know we have pushed that several times. They range between $170-230 depending on where you buy. Hope this helps.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:32 AM
killerbob
Cruiser

Just saw this thread..

Your buddy should just hook up a Midland CB to his Starcom1 (JMcorp.com sells them)

The Starcom1 is "simply" a box that connects all sorts of deivces, phone, mp3, GPS, CBand so on - and then puts the sound to the headsets... it is allso rider to passenger.

If your buddy allready have the Starcom he should just get the Midland CB or similar - the appropiate cable from Starcom and maybe a PTTswitch - allthough their WOX should work prety good as their Noise canseling should work brilliantly..

http://www.starcom1.com/trackdemo.htm