Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is a Isolated Drive System and What does it do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 05:40 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,834 Likes on 1,595 Posts
Default RE: What is a Isolated Drive System and What does it do?

Now you're going to give me a lesson on how to use the forum? [sm=confused06.gif]Focus glens....focus.
I mean you gotta be kidding me...If I had not been here a year longer then you, I would have thought your post as being authoritative...do you give out gold stars for compliance?
Man you are new... good luck with that.

For the record, and I don't know what this has to do with the IDS... the quote function is a matter of preference. I post above the quotes because it give the reader theOPTION of looking down further rather than forcing them to, to read my post. Your a hoot dude.... Welcome to the forum....

lp

ORIGINAL: glens

A couple of points about your posts in general.

First, you don't need to quote anything if you're immediately following the post you're answering. Especially if you aren't addressing something specific within it. Even then, you should edit it to reflect just the point you want to address.

Second, it makes no sense whatsoever to reply above a quoted portion, whether you're referring to anything in it or not. The purpose of quoting stuff is to remind the author what they said, or anyone else what the author said. Then you make your point relative to it. The way you do it, one must scroll down to get "caught up", then scroll back up to see what you had to say about it. Granted, you're definitely not the first to make that mistake. I really, really wonder where the hell that convention got started. It's quite maddening, really, to follow a discussion in reverse order.

Old 09-25-2007, 05:58 PM
rabidd
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does the IDSstop the 5th gear wine? Mine is getting louder each day. Back in 1966 my yamaha dirt bike had rubber blocks in the drive side of the sprocket and hub,took up the shock loads. The IDS sounds like the same type of system. I think that the **** should retro fit all 07's withtheirmoney not mine. I wonder ifMike Keefe VP of HD or Jim McCaslin President and Cheif Operating Officer ever read the forums?This is my 3rd new Harley and from day one I wanted to give this one back. It will be very hard to give up my hard earned dollar for a new one next time. Heck I might even be willing to pay the labor if they paid the cost of parts.

Old 09-25-2007, 06:06 PM
alexcue
Road Master

rabidd, my initial impression is it reduced the whine a bit. I can still hear it a bit, but I've kinda learned to ignore it. With the radio on i usually don't notice it much anymore. Not to mention i don't spend much time in 5th either.

Old 09-25-2007, 06:07 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: lp

Now you're going to give me a lesson on how to use the forum?
Internet convention since back when it first started. Seems the last couple of years the newcomers want to do things differently.

Old 09-25-2007, 06:08 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member

Really,being an internet programmer never taught me that one. You sound authoritative again...

Whats this about the IDS being the fix?

lp

ORIGINAL: glens

ORIGINAL: lp

Now you're going to give me a lesson on how to use the forum?
Internet convention since back when it first started. Seems the last couple of years the newcomers want to do things differently.

Old 09-25-2007, 06:29 PM
acedantinne
Tourer

with 775 posts and your computer friend with 1250 posts do you find anytime to ride?
the fix. kind of like it. i got the 07 fix. did you fix your bike yet. no iplaced myorderfor the fix. my fix is on back order
and the results are in the fix fixed the problems.

Old 09-25-2007, 06:34 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member

1250 posts in a year and a half...I think I'm riding some... Some people get that many in two months .

I'm a MAJOR proponent for the IDS. To me it is the Fix. Glens thinks is just an enhancement...

I was just giving my good old buddy glens some ****.. He should know I'm just playing....

Sorry to interrupt the IDS conversation guys.......I'm all for it.

lp

ORIGINAL: acedantinne

with 775 posts and your computer friend with 1250 posts do you find anytime to ride?
the fix. kind of like it. i got the 07 fix. did you fix your bike yet. no iplaced myorderfor the fix. my fix is on back order
and the results are in the fix fixed the problems.

Old 09-25-2007, 06:40 PM
acedantinne
Tourer

Ok I'm laughing. So much about the fix?
IDS every day.
There is pictures.
Whatmust 1 do to show/tell how to run a search on site.

Old 09-25-2007, 06:44 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member

Tell me about it...lol For a year everyone was like "there is no problem", "only a few have clatter issues", "stop lugging it"...
Then suddenly the IDS appears and like every dude in here (not all, I'm just being sarcastic) is like the IDS is the bomb!!!
IDS this, IDS that... Like 10 active threads on the subject.

Now where did all these people come from that have clatter issues????? hummm

lp

Old 09-25-2007, 07:08 PM
Bleuknight
Cruiser

The IDS saved my dad from riding his scoot thru the dealers front window......he could not stand his bike....a tin can full of ball bearing banging away..he just installed the IDS himself, now he loves to ride his scoot again....it's works, and it's something Harley will not admit to is a flaw with the 07's....so we have to pay the cost to fix a MoCo's mistake...
ride on, ride a lot!

Quick Reply: What is a Isolated Drive System and What does it do?