Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Seat vs Sundowner

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 10:48 PM
Hoopman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mustang Seat vs Sundowner

I dcided to go from solo to two up ... just replaced my corbin with the sundowner and love it! More support than I figured from a softer seat. Feels like I could ride for a very long time and feel great! I was surprised that a $ 300 seat could be so comfy.

Old 12-01-2005, 11:00 PM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have any knowledge about these seat but I have heard go things about the sundowner.

Old 12-02-2005, 01:18 AM
Wolfx
Road Captain

My stock RG seat went on the shelf right off the bat........no lower back support at all. Got the Harley Tallboy and my placememnt on the bike was much better for me but still couldnt shake the monkeyB.
Figuring I already had 2 Harley seats collecting dust, I ordered a Mustang regal touring and it came today. Have not taking it out for a ride yet, but tomorrow we are heading out for the first trial, and during the next 10 days going to see if its worth keeping. First impression sitting on it in the garage was very good, so tomorrow should tell alot.

Old 12-02-2005, 01:49 AM
apehog
Advanced

For what it's worth, I rode my FXST to the 100th using a Sundowner seat...true, I had a pack for a backrest, but the seat itself was flawless...no complaints at all..

Old 12-04-2005, 12:13 PM
vernh59
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I took a Corbin Gunfighter off of my RK and replaced it with a Sundowner. Ain't goin back. 17000+ on the Sundowner and no complaints. I use the standard backrest. The other problem with the Corbin is it interfered with my tour pack cushion.

Old 12-04-2005, 01:27 PM
Upswept
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had Mustang seats on all my bikes. My "05 Road king has a Mustang two passenger ($360) and I love it. It raises you up a bit, about 1 1/2". There is support for the back of your butt so you can lean against it. I love it.

Old 12-05-2005, 03:47 PM
mayday
Cruiser

I would love to have the option of the Sundowner seat for my '05 custom....but the seat says fits all touring except flhrs....dang it[:@]. I heard several say that the Mustang sets you up higher...which is not what I want to do....deeper in the seat is the direction I want.....so now I'm just not sure which way to go.

Old 12-06-2005, 09:27 AM
liam51
Outstanding HDF Member

Hey Brian. I never got a chance to comment on the awsome job you did installing the new fairing. How do you like it so far?
Will

ORIGINAL: Cohiba_Joe

I can't comment on the Mustang seat but I can say I really like the Sundowner Solo. It's very comfortable and doesn't relocate your postion from the stock seat. It does take a little getting used to since it has a higher back support than stock.

Here's a pic that kind of shows the depth of the seat. I'd be more than happy to take any other pics you might want to see of the seat.

Brian

Old 12-07-2005, 03:08 PM
wildwill
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: liam51

Hey Brian. I never got a chance to comment on the awsome job you did installing the new fairing. How do you like it so far?
Will

[sm=exactly.gif] Inquiring minds want to know [sm=smiley36.gif]
Quick Detach ?
Stereo ? Which one ?
How much $ ? (is it tacky to ask? - - - if so, nevermind )

Old 12-07-2005, 04:54 PM
Wolfx
Road Captain

OK. Took an overnight run to Mesquite NV, and found the one piece regal touring seat from Mustang set me much higher then my current tallboy seat and while comfy to the tush put me up to high for my liking. Called and talked to Alex at Mustang and while handling the return of the one seat, he suggested I try thier Solo Touring with the passinger touring pillon. He explain how the solo seat was able to set me back and down where I wanted to be and the way the passenger pillon was designed to come up and over the solo seat, that I would have roughly 8 inches of lower back support. After talking to him I agreed to give it a try in hopes that I would be back in the ball park as far as original stock seat position give or take and have the cush my tush was searching for as well as the lower lumbar support this old fart seems to need these days............so the story continues for me and I will post again after all the shipping and paperwork goes thru..................waiting................waiti ng..............

Quick Reply: Mustang Seat vs Sundowner