Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 Street Glide Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 06:58 PM
HarlyFan
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 08 Street Glide Questions

I just got an 08 StreetGlide and have two questions......

[ol][*]Are the wires from the switch housings on the handlebars run in the handle bars or on the outside. I ask because mine are run on the outside and zip tied to hold them against the bars. My other bike is a Fatboy that the wires are run externally as well but instead of the zip ties there are a few holes in the bars with a black connectors to hold the wires looks much better than black zip ties on the new bike. I had quite a bit of work done before I got the bike and wonder if this was the dealers way of saving some install time instead of running the wires inside the bars. I also just noticed there are no holes for the black wire holders like the Fatboy. HMMMMMMMM???[*]I was told that the new bikes have a accessory plug that hangs from the area by the sidecovers. Is this true or not. I quess it would allow you to plug in an accessory or or heated items. Where exactly is it if this is true?????
[/ol]

Old 09-16-2007, 07:19 PM
chornbe
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 08 Street Glide Questions

1 - outside.

2 - true, mine was tucked under the front of the seat.

Old 09-16-2007, 07:36 PM
HarlyFan
Tourer

Can someone post a pic of this ACCESSORY PLUG that is suppose to be on the bike that might show where the Heck this thing is at I cant find it and I want to make sure its not there before I go off on the STEALER again.

Old 09-16-2007, 08:28 PM
MACK
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

IT IS THERE. EITHER UNDER THE SEAT TUCKED OUT OF THE WAY NEAR THE BATTERY ON ONE SIDE OR UNDER THE RIGHT SIDE COVER. THE WIRES GO ON THE OUTSIDE OF YOUR BARS AND THE DEALER TOLD YOU RIGHT. HD OFFERS THE PLUGS ON THEIR ELECTRICAL WIRING THAT PLUG INTO THE ACCESSORY SOCKET WITHOUT ANY NEED FOR SPLICING. YOU CAN ALSO PURCHASE NUMEROUS FITTINGS TO EASILY MAKE THIS SOCKET ACCOMODATE 4OR 6 DIFFERENT ACCESSORIES CONTROLLED BY YOUR ACCESSORY SWITCH SO IF YOU ONLY WANT THE LIGHTS OR WHATEVER ON AT NIGHT.

Old 09-17-2007, 03:46 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: HarlyFan

I just got an 08 StreetGlide and have two questions......
[ol][*]Are the wires from the switch housings on the handlebars run in the handle bars or on the outside. I ask because mine are run on the outside and zip tied to hold them against the bars. My other bike is a Fatboy that the wires are run externally as well but instead of the zip ties there are a few holes in the bars with a black connectors to hold the wires looks much better than black zip ties on the new bike. I had quite a bit of work done before I got the bike and wonder if this was the dealers way of saving some install time instead of running the wires inside the bars. I also just noticed there are no holes for the black wire holders like the Fatboy. HMMMMMMMM???[*]I was told that the new bikes have a accessory plug that hangs from the area by the sidecovers. Is this true or not. I quess it would allow you to plug in an accessory or or heated items. Where exactly is it if this is true????? [/ol]
They do run the wires on the outside, from what I have seen. I am sure there will be another bar along in the near future that will let you run them internally. In the meantime, I ran across some chrome plastic zip ties on ebay. It might make it look a little better. Also, on ebay, I found some SS ones. That is an option, as well. But remember the stainless steel ones might scratch up the bars. But, I am sure you will replace the barwhen a new one comes along. At least, most do.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:02 PM
HarlyFan
Tourer

Where did you find the Stainless Steel ties???

Old 09-18-2007, 12:42 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: HarlyFan

Where did you find the Stainless Steel ties???
Here ya go. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/METAL...spagenameZWDVW I haven't bought them, and don't know anything about the seller. But, I thought they were cool. Hope this helps.