Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS bikes delayed till december?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 05:26 PM
rocksandgiz
Road Captain
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Default ABS bikes delayed till december?

Was at the dealer today looking for a ultra with ABS and the General manager said the ABS bikes are delayed till december. He was unsure as to why. Seems a little far fetched to me. Anybody else heard anything about this or is he just trying to sell current inventory with this story? Is ABS worth the wait or is it hype and not needed?

Old 09-15-2007, 05:28 PM
JeffSG
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ABS bikes delayed till december?

Yep, heard the same story yesterday. Also, HD sales are slooooooooooooow here in FL. Salesman said too hot to ride and should pick up soon.

Ride safe,

Old 09-15-2007, 05:32 PM
JPstreetglide
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My brothers 2008 Ultra with ABS was built on 9-13-07 and will be shipped this week

Old 09-15-2007, 05:35 PM
rocksandgiz
Road Captain

He also said That Harley has cut production and that there will be a price increase in late december or january. Said it happens every year that way. The new models start out cheaper and the the price goes up. Didn't seem that way last year. Seems around here they got cheaper as the year went into spring and summer. B.S. or fact?

Old 09-15-2007, 07:04 PM
Lu
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 49 Posts

The dealer by me has a 105th version of every model on the floor. Are sales slow? You betcha.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 09-15-2007, 07:49 PM
MACK
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Alright guys I work for a dealer and sales are slow. It is true that ABS bikes are delayed but I have not heard as late as dec. This is the first price increase from HD of any significance since 03.I have an ULTRA that was suppose to ship on 28 aug and I have not seen it and cannot get a response on it. Production has been scaled back. All dealers have a lot of 105 bikes because they are building them up front and will not build any more after 31 december. I dont think you will see a price increase in jan and it is not true that Harley always does this. Hope this helps.

Old 09-15-2007, 08:06 PM
wbogley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: MACK

Alright guys I work for a dealer and sales are slow. It is true that ABS bikes are delayed but I have not heard as late as dec. This is the first price increase from HD of any significance since 03.I have an ULTRA that was suppose to ship on 28 aug and I have not seen it and cannot get a response on it. Production has been scaled back. All dealers have a lot of 105 bikes because they are building them up front and will not build any more after 31 december. I dont think you will see a price increase in jan and it is not true that Harley always does this. Hope this helps.
What am I missing? Sales are slow, so HD is raising the price? I dont get it. All this will do is slow sales even more. They are going to force more people to buy form the used bike market.

Old 09-15-2007, 08:07 PM
MassHD
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They must be slow coming out of York. The Rocker was pushed back until Nov. The build date on my SG with abswas Aug 5th and I just picked it up Friday.

Old 09-15-2007, 08:09 PM
wbogley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: JeffSG

Yep, heard the same story yesterday. Also, HD sales are slooooooooooooow here in FL. Salesman said too hot to ride and should pick up soon.

Ride safe,
I dont think sales are as slow here in TX. I went to the dealer today, they are sold out of 2007 models. All 2008s on the floor and only one 105th Dyna is all they have.

Old 09-15-2007, 09:29 PM
rocksandgiz
Road Captain

I just heard there laying people off because of slow sales and closing some plants for a week or two after thanksgiving. I maybe glad I couldn't work out a trade.We were 2 grand apart. I wanted ABS and they have none anyway. Nice bikes it looks like. Maybe in the spring, if I still have a job. No, I don't work for HD.

Quick Reply: ABS bikes delayed till december?