Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BJ's air horns SUX they do not BLOW

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 09:32 AM
old95
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default BJ's air horns SUX they do not BLOW

I sent the follow email to BJ's Specialties, Inc. 8-23, as expected, they have never responded. [/align][/align]I am taking the time to write to you because I believe you make to best looking and sounding horns in the motorcycle industry. [/align][/align]When & if they work. [/align][/align]In summer of 2004, I like so many others finally had both the time and $$$ to get back to riding. And I believe you would agree the 54,000 miles I have ridden with your horns in the past 24 months is a fair test of them. Shortly after purchasing my bike three of us attended Octberfest in Daytona 2004. If it has to do with safety, price for me (and most others) is no object and I perceived your horns to contribute to a safer riding experience.[/align][/align]At that time I talked two others into purchasing your horns, Gary Fxxxx & Roger Cxxxx. Gary dumped his after about 6 mos. I had a bottom flute come out which you repaired and sent back to me while I was hoping that that refit may finally fix the problem of the lower horn not operating, and yes I have put brake cleaner in that lower horn so many times that the spray can is about empty. Roger & I rode to Sturgis in 2005, both of our horns were not working even thou we sprayed them upon our departure from home. We visited your booth where you AGAIN sprayed them, they stopped working within a day or two of departing for home.[/align][/align]At Sturgis in 2006both Roger & I talked with you at your booth in Rapid City about the problem, ya sprayed them & sent us on our way again, they stopped working by the 3rd day there.[/align][/align]Sturgis 2007 Roger's stopped working on the way into Rapid City, he took them off and handed his to you.You at that time asked to defend yourself, starting in on the old"spray the brake cleaner in it" thing. I have owned boats for the past 30 years that have air horns and they do NOT & have NEVER required brake cleaner maintenance and they work EVERY TIME. You can see from the attached picture where my horns now reside.(in a trash can, pic not attached here) I hadno choice but to purchased the HD air horn which is not as attractive as yours and more importantly is not near as loud. (as I said, price is not a problem I just want it to "work" when needed)[/align][/align]My point is this, until you folks admit there is a problem, there will never be a "fix", many others are going to continue to dump your horns in the trashand as the word gets out you will not be able to GIVE them away. At this point after trying to use them for over two years I must assume that either the material in the horns is defective or poorly designed, or the run from compressor to horns is too long resulting in a very simple device just not having sufficient pressure to operate.Again, until you folks decide to miss a few shows and fix your problem, I am wasting my breath & time and your product's reputation is going down the tubes.[/align][/align][font=arial][size=2]I amhoping that some day you do notget sued when as a result of them not working someone gets injured

Old 09-13-2007, 09:37 AM
cabbage
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BJ's air horns SUX they do not BLOW

your post is way too long for my short attention span....but i will say this......i have some howards horns in the geeeerage that would be perfect for you, you really should buy them.

Old 09-13-2007, 09:42 AM
swomack
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had BJ's horns for over a year now and haven't had any problems with them, but they do have the cover over the bells.

Old 09-13-2007, 09:43 AM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like they should be called Draggin Bagger Horns. Just like that system, everybody raved how great they were only to find out the model number should have started with. POS

Old 09-13-2007, 09:48 AM
EK5858
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had the BJ's horns for 3 years now and never had a problem. I even took them off my Roadking and installed them on my Deluxe.

Old 09-13-2007, 01:18 PM
bllx
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rode with these horns for 2 years on my previous bike without any incident