Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

calling louisiana riders

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007 | 05:10 PM
skratch
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Default calling louisiana riders

a few months back, you may remember hearing about that drunken a**hole who ran down 2 bikers in the gas station? well, this weekend there is a benefit ride for the survivor who is dealing with a lot of medical issues. we're gonna try and make it, hope to see some of you there. ultraklassic? this is close to your neighborhood.

from Thunder Press:

Attention All Riders & Friends: Thunder Roads investigated and published an article found in our September issue reporting /describing 2 young men who were assaulted by a man with his truck in a drunken rage. Jack Louvier, 22 of Youngsville was killed while on the phone with 911 reporting this intoxicated driver. Jonathan Wainright, 23 of Broussard sustained serious injuries. His kidney, spleen and small intestine was removed as well as suffering burns and broken bones. They were both run down by this criminal. There is a benefit fundraiser for Jonathan being held on September 15, 2007 at Route 92 in Youngsville. We will be attending this benefit and are inviting all riders to join us in support of this very worthy cause. Jonathan is a Veteran of the War in Iraq, serving with the LA National Guard's 256th. We arestaging at Big Wheels Travel Center, 3092 Bayou Blue Road in Gray LA the morning of the 15th (Saturday) and will be leaving Big Wheels at 8:00am to Route 92 in Youngsville to make the registration time for the benefit. It should be approximately a 1-1/2 hour ride. We will coordinate a "pee stop" so don't fret the trip. We will make the ride as comfortable as possible. Of course, you have the option to ride your own ride too. Participation in the poker run itself is optional but we encourage your support with what makes you comfortable. We are also bringing with us, a donation collected during the Labor Day Biker Party. Those of you who attended the LDBP know all about this. Please consider joining us this Saturday in support of a biker in serious need. We also request that you forward this message to all riders in your contact list. We appologize if you received this email in error but also ask if you would forward to any friends that do ride. I will admit that I used as many contacts as possible to help spread the word, so I appreciate your assistance in distributing this email to your contacts. Of course, this event is open to all vehicles. Also, should you be interested in supporting this event but are coming from another location, you can organize your own group ride from your locale. The cost to participate in the Poker Run is $15/rider, $10/passenger that you will pay at the registration site. There will be food and live music as well as the traditional prizes, live auction, etc. Bikes roll out for the run from Route 92 for 10am. If we're late, I'm assured that registration will remain open to accomodate late-comers. If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me via email at nappy69@bellsouth.net. You can also visit our website @ www.thunderroadslouisiana.com to view the event info. Thanks in advance for your assistance in this email distribution and I look forward to seeing you there. I've includeddirections for your review as well. Map routes estimate 93.7 total miles (from Big Wheels to Route 92).The address for Route 92 is 2600 East Milton Ave., Youngsville, LA, in case you want to map it yourself:

Old 09-12-2007 | 05:17 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: calling louisiana riders

God bless the family of the lost and the injured. I'm scheduled to leave early Friday morning headed for Route 66 for a 6-day trek, but my thoughts and prayers to those involved.

Old 09-13-2007 | 07:47 AM
skratch
|
Seasoned HDF Member

wanted to bump this up to make sure that as many la riders (east texas too) got a chance to see this.

Old 09-13-2007 | 08:17 AM
Blues Guy
Cruiser

For those of us who can't make it - how can we make a donation?

Old 09-13-2007 | 09:50 AM
skratch
|
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Blues Guy

For those of us who can't make it - how can we make a donation?
i dunno, i will do some checking to find out.

Old 09-13-2007 | 01:55 PM
skratch
|
Seasoned HDF Member

i sent an email to nappy, the editor of thunder press. if he doesn't get back with me in time, i will let you all know after the ride. i'm planning on going, so while i'm there i should be able to get more info.

if you can't make it, please send some good karma the family's way.

Old 09-13-2007 | 02:57 PM
Blues Guy
Cruiser

Karma I can do. Have a safe trip and I hope the turnout exceeds expectations.

Old 09-13-2007 | 08:10 PM
skratch
|
Seasoned HDF Member

for anyone who is interested in sending a donation i received this from nappy, the editor Thunder Roads:

Jonathan's Dad provided me with the following: Community First Bank 801 Albortson Pkwy. Broussard, LA 70518 Account #1016217 JD Wainright Benefit Fund, Inc. Feel free to share with anyone who inquires. Thanks to their generous consideration on Jonathan's behalf! Ride safe & free! Nappy Dwayne "Nappy" Chauvin
State Editor/Owner
Thunder Roads Magazine LA
985-594-TRML
985-594-4322 (fax)
www.thunderroadslouisiana.com

if anyone can make it, we'd sure like to have you, if not, a donation would be welcome. if you can't do that, i'm sure prayers and thoughts would be appreciated also.

If you'd like to read about what happened, check out this link: http://www.thunderroadslouisiana.com/id166.htm

thanks everyone.