Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone seen dark blue denin street glide??

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 06:53 AM
XXXRacing
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone seen dark blue denin street glide??

I've seen both the crimson denim and dark blue denim SG and neither one look that great IMO. It's strange, because my buddy has a street bob in the pacific blue denim and it looks awesome (and that color also looks sweet on night trains), yet on the SG, it doesn't look that great at all.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:57 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

Saw a blue one and a red one both yesterday. They still look like bikes that the factory forgot to finish. I jsut don't understand people wanting a bike that looks like it was primered and left unfinished. But hey! to each his own.

Bill

Old 09-13-2007, 08:49 AM
modes
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

How about this

or this

Adam

Old 09-13-2007, 09:32 AM
hambone
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen the dark blue denim and the red denim. I personally liked them both and ordered a new red denim one. My plan for this bike is a 180 from what I did with the Heritage. Instead of going chrome crazy, I'm going to black out everything I can. I think the contrast of the red denim on the black engine and pipes will look just fine for me.

[/align]

Old 09-13-2007, 09:48 AM
modes
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: hambone

I've seen the dark blue denim and the red denim. I personally liked them both and ordered a new red denim one. My plan for this bike is a 180 from what I did with the Heritage. Instead of going chrome crazy, I'm going to black out everything I can. I think the contrast of the red denim on the black engine and pipes will look just fine for me.

[/align]
Nice!. If got a new bike that would be plan as well...pewter, red, or dark blue denim or yellow bike with lots o' black. Be sure to take lots of pictures and don't forget the before shots. I want to see that bike.

Adam

Old 09-13-2007, 10:00 AM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I asked my dad a long time ago who in the world would buy this ugly colored car that we saw for sale, I still remember his answer. Son there is a *** for every seat. The problem with the denium colors which some like but most dont, is harley will soon figure out they are not as popular as they predicted. I like the red for 08, but hate the other colors. But harley has some weird people making paint decisions these days, look at Kermit the frog two-tone and the 06 green lizard color. Then they dump one of the best IMO the black cherry, go figure

Old 09-13-2007, 10:11 AM
SparkyRKM
Advanced

From what you people are saying about the color choices,I might want to thank God I'm color blind!

Old 09-13-2007, 10:28 AM
hambone
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: modes

ORIGINAL: hambone

[/align]
Nice!. If got a new bike that would be plan as well...pewter, red, or dark blue denim or yellow bike with lots o' black. Be sure to take lots of pictures and don't forget the before shots. I want to see that bike.

Adam
Will do for sure! However it will be awhile. The pipes I want won't be available from Vance and Hines till November. I can go ahead and do the upper and lower forks with the Harley parts, and a few small pieces here and there can be purchased. But the rest, like the outer primary, heads, yada yada, will be a winter project. I'll have to take them off and have them powder coated. Got a good friend that can do that for me.
[/align]

Old 09-13-2007, 02:37 PM
NCCopBikeRider
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Dealer in the Charlotte Area has both Blue and Red

Kinda grow on you

Old 09-13-2007, 09:00 PM
Low_SG_rider
Advanced

Here are some pics of mine, the reason I went with the Denim? Easy cleaning!!!!!! I live on a dirt road and hate spending half of my day polishing and waxing, now I power wash it, dry and I am ready to ride .

Quick Reply: Anyone seen dark blue denin street glide??