Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Garmin Zumo 550

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 05:02 PM
Lee n Tj
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Garmin Zumo 550

Hey, PappaTravis. So drugstore made you think "old guy", well you're right. I graduated high school a year before you were born. And, when you ride for weeks at a time you tend to run out of things. But, remember being and old guy ain't all bad either and has several advantages.
1) I will be retired at 55 2) My kids are all grown and own their own 3) Don't owe a dime to anybody 4) We can ride whenever,wherever for as long as we want. 5) I can chase Mama around the house anytime cause there ain't no little ones around. And the list goes on. So don't feel too sorry for all us "old guys", cause when we see you "young guys" with the kids in tow we may just be feeling sorry for you and thinking "Man am I glad to be past all that". I hope you are as blessed in life as I have been when you get to be an "old guy" cause believe me, we are having a hell of a ride. Ride safe my friend.

Old 09-15-2007, 02:17 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Lee. I didn't mean to imply that I felt sorry for you old guys. I am jealous as he!!. For just those reasons you mentioned. But, be honest, don't you miss when your kids were young?Mine are 10 and 7, and I already miss their younger days. Of course, I am looking forward to seeing their futures. But, I still miss holding them at night. Or them snuggling up with me while I watch football. I have two girls, and although they love to help me work on the cars or the bike, they have no interest in football. Man, being a papa is the best thing in my life. Once that is gone, or they are grown and out of the house, I will miss it.

BTW, my father-in-law is retired. He just got back from a 4k mile trip with his Goldwing club. I sure wish I could just take off like that. But, alas, I am 35. When I reach retirement age, SS will be almost non existant. I sure hope I have the money to enjoy my retirement, like he is doing.

Ride safe.

Old 09-15-2007, 06:06 AM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 158 Likes on 119 Posts

Good idea getting it from Costco. Can always return it later, if necessary.

Old 09-15-2007, 12:33 PM
Lee n Tj
Advanced

PappaTravis, no offense taken. Yes, I did enjoy them when they were little. Had 4 girls, tried to make tom boys out of each and everyone. Worked too, til they hit junior high. Then as each one of them Hit about 17 til about a year or so into college Mom and I were the stupidest people God ever made. Man I did not like those years. But, they have all figured it out, and each has thanked us for being on their a**es like we were. Now we are looking forward to grandkids someday. And the great part of that is we can spoil the hell out of them and give 'em back. Ah, sweet revenge. Keep it shiny.

Old 09-15-2007, 01:48 PM
hartick
Tourer

i bought the 550 earlier this year and really have enjoyed it.

unfortunately it doesnt turn on right now. i used it 3 days ago and it worked fine. went for a drive yesterday and tried to turn it on....nothing. but it in the car cradle....nothing. came home and pulled the battery to check the contacts....clean and still nothing.

has this happened to anyone?? how do you correct it??
right now i am waiting till monday when garmin is open again to give them a call