Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cold Weather Gloves

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 11:33 AM
aclass
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cold Weather Gloves

Would like to get some good feedback for some of you guys that know about a good pair of cold weather gloves. I dont really know where to look.
I'd like to have a pair that arent so big and bulky but still protect you pretty good when it's less than 45°F or there abouts.
I have a pair of the older Harley gloves but they're so big it not even safe. I feel like I'm in a boxing glove.

appreciate some expeienced pointers.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:35 AM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Cold Weather Gloves

more than one RN that ride have told me to wear a pair of latex gloves inside your outer gloves. will work like a wet suit when diving to keep you warm.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:37 AM
SteveM
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 09-12-2007, 11:39 AM
ianchris1
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a thread over on the Sporty forum on this. Too lazy to get the link... Jump over there and check out all the replies.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:39 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not really...a wet suit traps a layer of water between the suit and your skin, using your body heat to warm the water, and the neoprene to insulate. Latex gives zip for insulating values, and can cause both allergic reactions AND skin damage because it doesn't allow your skin to breath. Might be okay in an emergency, but not for regular use, IMO.

Gloves take a while to get used to. When I first started riding years ago on the street, I hated gloves. Over the years, riding in freezing/near freezing conditions has forced me to address the issue. My favorite gloves are a pair of 30+ year-old leather, fleece-lined ones. I've tried all the new-fangled "space age" insulations, and frankly they don't hold a candle to the fleece in MAH book.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:41 AM
folkxrock
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the HD Gortex gloves and love them. I tried to find a link on the HD site, but it looks like the new models are out and I don't know what the new product is called.
They have a zipper pouch for heat packs, velcro rists straps and plenty of grip. They are close to $100, so you might find something without a HD logo for less, but I know these are really nice.
I bought mine during a cross-country trip where the weather went from 80 and sunny to 35 and sleet/snow/rain for 2-days (12-hours of riding each day). It was actually 24 one morning when I started - I was just happy it was not raining/snowing. Needless to day, price was not an issue for me on that trip - I was willing to pay whatever they wanted.

Old 09-12-2007, 12:06 PM
NICK56
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

try www.levelgloves.com

worlds warmest

Old 09-12-2007, 12:08 PM
UltraDuke
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i usually pee in my wet suit to keep warm, try that in your latex gloves.

Old 09-12-2007, 12:26 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a pair of HD gauntlet gloves for the 40's to the mid 30's. Then I switch to the HD heated gloves.

Old 09-12-2007, 01:05 PM
EVOrider
Stellar HDF Member
Received 278 Likes on 203 Posts

I have summer weather riding gloves, fall riding gloves.....which have little insulation in them, and gauntlet gloves for winter. I have no idea who made the leather guantlet gloves I have, but they were cheap. If I loose a pair, tear a pair....no big deal since they were cheap.

Whatever you do....I recommend gauntlet goves though. They work great to keep the cold air out your sleeves.

Quick Reply: Cold Weather Gloves