Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else paranoid after visiting these forums?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 10:33 AM
ianchris1
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone else paranoid after visiting these forums?

Geez... Not to make light of any of the tragic stories posted here... but after reading the stuff on here it makes me want to trade my bike in for a tank! Between the horror stories of people getting killed, the tranny problems, engines locking up, wheels blowing out, etc... makes me more nervous than before. Anyone else? I hope these incidents are very isolated. And here I was worried about the cagers getting me! I am waiting for someone to tell me to go to the Honda forums if I don't like it... it is coming I know it. That is the solution for every complaint on here. Go away!

Old 09-10-2007, 10:37 AM
DelawareDon
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone else paranoid after visiting these forums?

Pay attention to routine maintenance. Check tire pressure often. Read anything you can get your hands on about motorcycle safety, and take every MSF or Rider's Edge course you possibly can. In other words, minimize your risk.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:45 AM
dswansbiker
Road Warrior
Received 108 Likes on 33 Posts

Motorcycling is not for the risk adverse. Even the most highly skilled, expert riders buy the farm every now and then. Just had a local high mileage guy known as on the safest riders on the road(and owned a HD dealership) get taken out by an inattentive driver making a left turn. That was a real blow.
If your married take out as much life insurance as you can and ride on.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:46 AM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 81 Posts

Drives me nuts sometimes. Have to take a deep breath and put it into prospective.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:49 AM
chappy_2336
Cruiser

Go to Iraq fora little while, the posts on this forum wont bother you as much.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:50 AM
FLHTCUI05
Tourer

Anytime you get this many people on a forum, someone will have problems. Whether it is motorcycles, cars, tractors, etc., someone will have trouble. I ride with alot of friends and we haven't have any major problems. The cagers scare me more than mechanical problems.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:55 AM
turtleman57
Road Captain

I guess it is the nature of the beast, the unseen, some things are well beyond our control. The few things that we can control, checking tire pressure, motorcycle driver safety courses, helmets, leathers, stave off the beast. But we never know. So why worry? When my time does come I hope it is doing something that I love, and not in my sleep. Until them I off for an afternoon session of asphalt surfing on a SG.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:55 AM
ianchris1
Tourer

ORIGINAL: chappy_2336

Go to Iraq fora little while, the posts on this forum wont bother you as much.
No Sir! There are men and women much braver and better thanI for that! And I appreciate every one of them!

Old 09-10-2007, 11:02 AM
QT Hush
Road Warrior

It seems that these days, doom and gloom is more popular than the fact that life in these United States is good. Very good. Ignore the negative crap, ride your motorcycle and enjoy your life. Count your blessings.

Old 09-10-2007, 11:06 AM
rkcrwlr
Tourer

Known several folks who have died or were injured in tractor roll-overs farming. Only known one guy who was killed on a motorcycle. The risks are there, but I beleive that when you number is called, it doesn't matter whether you have a cager turning left in front of you or your in the front pew on Sunday morning, your going to go. I rode from Salt Lake, UTto Ely, NV and back this weekend across US. 50 ("Loneliest Highway in America") and through Great Basin National Park. Reminded me exactly why I like to ride. Sure the fear is there from time to time. Anyone who has crashed has to think about it. But what other activity lets you have the thrill of running the twisties through the Confusion Mountains, blast 80mph dead straight across 26 miles of basin, hang out at the Stateline Cafe with a group of bikers you have nevermet before, cruise at 10,000 feet, and enjoy basically a bike show in front of the Hotel Nevada? Not to mention the bugs in your teeth, and every smell know to man along the hi-way (some I could do without - LOL)? Oh, man. I think I'll go ride on my lunch break! Ride safe and rideon Brother!

Quick Reply: Anyone else paranoid after visiting these forums?