Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else paranoid after visiting these forums?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 05:48 PM
schoney
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone else paranoid after visiting these forums?

In the end I hope when I die, I die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did, not screaming likethe passengers in the back seat of his car.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:11 PM
Crankster
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: chappy_2336

Go to Iraq fora little while, the posts on this forum wont bother you as much.
Laughing way Out Loud!

Old 09-10-2007, 07:18 PM
Hogwallop
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you think this site is bad........you should try reading the BASE jumping forums.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:20 PM
Crankster
Cruiser

By the way chappy, I saw you sneaking peeks at Michele's cleavage during the re-run the other night, smooth moves!

Old 09-10-2007, 07:38 PM
Dante
Advanced

These are all accidents involving motorcycles in the town I live in. Please be careful everyone. I do not know, but it seems around here motorcycles are dangerous. There are many more. One was west of Dothan, Alabama (no link) The girl driving the suv did not know what she hit. From what I understand the motorcycle was half way under the vehicle. BE CAREFUL!!! Ever see a bird taking a drink of water. Drops head, sips, raises head and looks in all directions as if looking for danger (a cat maybe) then repeats the process. I try to ride with this attitude. I will be providing flyers for a poker run for one of the victims. The article states "iron hog" it was an iron horse chopper. The bike apparently crushed him. He was a single father. Let's all be watchful. Some are the fault of cagers, some are our own fault.

http://www.rickystokesnews.com/cgi-b...mp;category=26

http://www.rickystokesnews.com/cgi-b...p;category=139

http://www.dothaneagle.com/gulfcoast...9-08-0008.html

Old 09-10-2007, 08:59 PM
Black Flag
Tourer

Paranoid? On the contrary, I feel more educated andwell- informed...better able to deal with situations I might encounter while I'm out "on the road."

Safety issues, as well as mechanical issues, often perplex me to the point of distraction; especially if I have no idea what is "normal." ( I know, I know...just ask my friendly neighborhood dealer! lol )

Anyhow, knowledge is power. Besides, this site is good for a laugh or two from time to time. Don't believe me? Just ask blueballz!

Old 09-10-2007, 09:06 PM
Snort
Road Captain

It's like watching the news all of the time. It's all bad (the actual reports, not the actual happenings). You will hear all of the negative posts because people are generally negative. The positive ones are out riding or doing something other than worrying about riding or walking, or whatever.
I've read posts where people ask continuously about what to do about a problem with their bike that is under warranty. They should spend as much time at the dealer as they do here to get it fixed!
Go ride it, wash it, add stuff to it, have fun with it.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:06 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

Who's engine locked up?

Old 09-11-2007, 12:28 AM
fxr_george
Cruiser

heck if the street bothers you buy one of these and just run it at the track
In fact I have not heard one problem about one of these other thenyou need good life insurance.

[IMG]local://upfiles/31348/328CBAE2CCF048D08C19D4AE47529363.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-11-2007, 04:27 AM
azhole
Road Master

If you're so concerned pick a safe place to ride and ride there.
Some people get on a bike thinking it's no problem to ride like a bicycle or something, and end up bitin' it.
I have been down, but I still like to ride as much as ever. Maybe more.
Had staples in my head, some would argue that's what's wrong with me, others that know me would disagree, that I was flat wrong way before going down and ridin' my skull across the median
I got my scalp cleaned out of the rocks under it, some staples, and went back and got my bike started and rode it on home.
The knot on my hip hurt if you pushed on it, and my cracked ribs, they were the biggest 'reminder', would get my attention whenever I'd cough or sneeze or laugh, and I laugh alot, but I just decided not to ride around corners going too too fast.
Okay, lesson learned, kinda, cause a couple months later I had an experience I'll never forget, and it totally changed my mind about doing corners fast, again!
Live and learn, but ya gotta live to learn, and that means going out and living your life and not hiding out in some spider hole somewhere, writing on the computer that you don't know. Oh...I get it. You're trying to get the rest of us to stay home so you have the road all to your lonesome. Cleverrrr!
Some would say I'm stupid, but I still don't wear a helmet, unless the weather is total crap, and even I think I'm an idiot for doing it that way, but you is what you be.
Tell me, can you see the stars in the night skywell from inside your car?
Get your knees in the breeze, and don't worry about it.

Quick Reply: Anyone else paranoid after visiting these forums?