Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dillema, keep the HD or the Kawasaki

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 07:11 PM
Ultrasweet
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dillema, keep the HD or the Kawasaki

I started this thread and was ready for it to go away but goodbirds resurrected it. After reading the thread I got to thinking about the original post. So many people said that their Harley has soul. You know, the Kawasaki is a great bike but it doesn't have the soul and caharacter that the Harley has. Thanks again. T.

Old 09-12-2007, 07:33 PM
Panhead_1_9_4_8
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ultrasweet

This Spring I purchased an 07' Kawa Nomad. I thought I had a vibration that turned out to be in my head and was having problems with the knuckleheads at the Kawasaki dealership. I bought a new Ultra Classic thinking it would solve all my problems. I figured if I ever had a problem with my HD at least there are people that know how to work on them. This forum has made me wonder.

I ride and love both bikes, however the reality is I probably need to part with one. If I go by the info on the forums then the one to keep is a no brainer, the Kawasaki. On the Kawasaki forum for the most part all you ever hear is praise for their new Nomad. On the HD forum there is much more bichtin than praise. I worry that these 07' will carry a reputation like some of the Harleys from the old days, "stay away from those 07's". So far the ONLY problem I have had is the clatter and it keeps getting worse. I like the extras on the Harley better but the Kawasaki is a much more stable riding bike. Oh and by the way, no clatter and overheating problems. It scares me to death when I read posts about crankshaft problems and how MOCO replaced bearings with sleeves. Are these bikes really the piece of junk people say they are or is there a group of dumbasess out there ruining the resale value of all of our bikes because they are old and just need something to bicht about.

I fell partly for the Harley resale fantasy. I am really worried if the problems or perceived problems with the 07's keep mounting I will be able to sell my Kawa easier than my Harley. As it stands right now when I look in the paper and see Harleys for sale they stay there for weeks. The other brands don't stay as long. T.
Wow! If you think your rice compares to a Harley ... you should definately sell the Harley.

Old 09-12-2007, 09:35 PM
fxr_george
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don't forget the fact that the japs are trying to copy a motor that was first introduced in 1903
I will keep and 2 fords and my harley

Old 09-13-2007, 12:01 AM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

if you have to ask you deserve to keep the Nomad
ORIGINAL: Ultrasweet

This Spring I purchased an 07' Kawa Nomad. I thought I had a vibration that turned out to be in my head and was having problems with the knuckleheads at the Kawasaki dealership. I bought a new Ultra Classic thinking it would solve all my problems. I figured if I ever had a problem with my HD at least there are people that know how to work on them. This forum has made me wonder.

I ride and love both bikes, however the reality is I probably need to part with one. If I go by the info on the forums then the one to keep is a no brainer, the Kawasaki. On the Kawasaki forum for the most part all you ever hear is praise for their new Nomad. On the HD forum there is much more bichtin than praise. I worry that these 07' will carry a reputation like some of the Harleys from the old days, "stay away from those 07's". So far the ONLY problem I have had is the clatter and it keeps getting worse. I like the extras on the Harley better but the Kawasaki is a much more stable riding bike. Oh and by the way, no clatter and overheating problems. It scares me to death when I read posts about crankshaft problems and how MOCO replaced bearings with sleeves. Are these bikes really the piece of junk people say they are or is there a group of dumbasess out there ruining the resale value of all of our bikes because they are old and just need something to bicht about.

I fell partly for the Harley resale fantasy. I am really worried if the problems or perceived problems with the 07's keep mounting I will be able to sell my Kawa easier than my Harley. As it stands right now when I look in the paper and see Harleys for sale they stay there for weeks. The other brands don't stay as long. T.