Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 SG headlight

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 10:17 AM
timidones
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 07 SG headlight

Last nite while riding with a group, someone asked if my headlight was on. Now i have always thought the low beam was kinda crappy, high beam is fine. Is it just me? or are these kinda lousy low beams, I'm gonna switch it over to a whiter blub, some of the post i have seen, Thanks

Old 09-09-2007, 10:58 AM
jbleim
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 07 SG headlight

Yes, the low beam is horrible on Street Glides. I put a PIAA Xtreme White Plus in mine. Cost about 50 bucks online but the different at night with the low beam is well worth the cost.

Regards,
J.B.

Old 09-09-2007, 11:24 AM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

If you look in your rear view mirror when you have Harley's behind you with the spot lights, which come on when the low beam is used, you will see that the spots with only 25 watts are much brighter than the low beam.

Old 09-09-2007, 11:43 AM
jharanin
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was just saying that last night coming home from a place in the boonies. You can't see crap with the low beam. Where did you get the Xtreme White bulb from? Something else I noticed, the direction the beam is pointing. The whole headlight is pointing to the left. I haven't touched it since I picked it up in April, anybody else have this or did I just get one that was put together on a Friday.

Old 09-09-2007, 11:49 AM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member

JC Whitney has a whole bunch of different options, many with higher (illegal) wattage. I've run their bulbs for years in all my bikes with good results.

Old 09-09-2007, 01:11 PM
drdiesel1
Road Captain

That`s because the headlamp is aimed down to far.
I adjusted both my 07 SG and 08 FLHTCU to a proper level and now I can run at night with my shades on and still see.
Aftermarket bulbs are also a good idea, but try the proper adjustmentbefore you buy the $30.00 white bulb.[8D]

Old 09-09-2007, 01:56 PM
Bobberino
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont think its hjust the street glides. My buddy has a Heritage and its just as crappy as a SG. I just hit the hi beam and leave it on.

Old 09-09-2007, 02:18 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: drdiesel1

That`s because the headlamp is aimed down to far.
I adjusted both my 07 SG and 08 FLHTCU to a proper level and now I can run at night with my shades on and still see.
Aftermarket bulbs are also a good idea, but try the proper adjustmentbefore you buy the $30.00 white bulb.[8D]
As a former safety instructor I can assure you that my headlights are aligned to the book, and low beams on Harleys are hardly noticeable to oncoming traffic on many models, especially ones the size of what's on a Wide Glide. Although I can see the road just fine at night on low beam on my Ultra, what oncoming cars see during the day is zilch unless the spots are on, and you can easily check that by parking your bike and walking a hundred yards down the road and looking at it.

With all lights aligned, the 25 watt spots are more noticeable to other drivers than the low beam.

Old 09-09-2007, 02:31 PM
jbleim
Advanced

I bought the bulb right off of piaa.com. Mine was also pointed down and way to the left. I ajusted it to be on center and now the low beam is as good as my cars low beam.

Regards,
J.B.

Old 09-10-2007, 11:26 AM
NCCopBikeRider
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

You can update the newer sports to 35 and even 55 w if you wish.

The bulbs are availalbe at any autoparts 889 for the 35w and 886 for the 55w

Ride Em Carry Em

Quick Reply: 07 SG headlight