Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IDS, Letter to MOCO, PICKED UP BIKE 10/29/2007

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 06:34 PM
monkish
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: IDS, Letter to MOCO, UP-DATE MET WITH REP

ORIGINAL: glens

I just re-read the thread-starting post. I know it's late now, but I caught you used the word "defiantly" instead of "definitely" in one place. Oh, well...

I posted this to getsome help before I sent it inand you let me make this mistake.... you are fired
This is like English 101 up in here. Can we get us a spell check up in this peice?

ORIGINAL: monkish

The reason for writing is we are very unhappy with the engine noise coming from the FLHRC. It just plain sounds like crap. It is like a box of rocks when it is at idle and when going down the road.
(emphasis mine)

You then proceed to ask for an IDS. The IDS will not help one iota when the bike is not moving. Have you considered this?
I actually was not sure what the IDS would or would not fix. I was not real concerned about being 100% accurate with the fix for my bike as they should be the experts and I should be the one enjoying my ride. My main goal was to talk face to face with someone other than a dealer who would be able to either make my problem right or blow smoke up my can and tell me that it is supposed to sound that way.

A company that has a problem with their product or serviceispretty common these days. Whatmakes a top notch organization is how they deal with the issue. As of today I can not report a final conclusion except that my local rep seemed straight up andsincere about wanting to make us happy and satisfied. I willdefinitely give an in depth write up when we get the bike back.

Later

Old 09-22-2007, 10:13 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: monkish

Can we get us a spell check up in this peice?
My browser of choice has spell-check (international) built right in

Trouble is, "defiantly" is definitely spelled correctly, so that don't get caught.

I must say that the rep I met with was entirely likeable and seemed like a straight-up guy. I have a good feeling about my dealing with him and the shop where I bought my ride.

[IMG]local://upfiles/36555/9184F7797C5B438F811D278873183255.gif[/IMG]

Old 09-23-2007, 01:16 AM
mrbadlands
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Trbolvr

I was thinking of ordering an IDS from Zanotti's but before I did I went out to Fargo HD to see what their price was...$305 and they wouldn't deal on the price. I then asked the service department how much labor would be on the install and they said that if I can wait until October 1st HD has free labor on certain parts/installs/fixes and that the IDS was one of the "free labor" items. They said this is a nationwide special that runs from October through March.
Do you have a web link or something somewhere that explains this "Free Labor on Certain Parts/Installs/Fixes?

I have not heard of this and am considering the IDS upgrade in the very near future.

Thanks, mrbadlands

Old 09-23-2007, 08:32 AM
acedantinne
Tourer

Just to let you know. Dealer cost is 103.00 dollars for the FIX.

[IMG]local://upfiles/21466/D65BF8CC84184B968F619C0D1CA5515D.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/21466/6259197A79094014BBEA8D564FA64851.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-23-2007, 09:56 AM
Trbolvr
Tourer

ORIGINAL: mrbadlands

ORIGINAL: Trbolvr

I was thinking of ordering an IDS from Zanotti's but before I did I went out to Fargo HD to see what their price was...$305 and they wouldn't deal on the price. I then asked the service department how much labor would be on the install and they said that if I can wait until October 1st HD has free labor on certain parts/installs/fixes and that the IDS was one of the "free labor" items. They said this is a nationwide special that runs from October through March.
Do you have a web link or something somewhere that explains this "Free Labor on Certain Parts/Installs/Fixes?

I have not heard of this and am considering the IDS upgrade in the very near future.

Thanks, mrbadlands
I asked the Service Manager how much the install was for the IDS...he said free if I wait until October 1. My brother-in-law was going to check with the Sioux Falls dealership to see if they are doing free labor on certain things. Call your dealer and ask.

Old 09-26-2007, 05:59 PM
daconiam
Tourer

So what is the word? Didja get your bike fixed?????

Old 09-26-2007, 07:02 PM
monkish
Road Master

ORIGINAL: daconiam

So what is the word? Didja get your bike fixed?????
It is still in the shop. I talked with them Monday to let them know I was not going to bring the IDS up thereuntil they had worked on the bike as I did not want it installed first ( as you suggested ) as it mightmask the noise that the MOCO rep was concerned about.The tech that usually works on my stuff had been out and was in the middle of a rebuild so it will be a few days to get it in. I agreed that I was in no hurry as we are getting ready to go on vacation for about 3 weeks and would not be riding. I think I will check on it Friday and see if they got it in. I am anxious to hear the verdict but did not want to rush it. I am probably going to install the IDS myself anyway but have not decided that yet. It kinda depends on what they find. I will give an update when I get the final word in as much detail as I can.

Old 09-26-2007, 09:20 PM
daconiam
Tourer

[sm=signs003.gif]

Old 09-27-2007, 12:56 AM
Kasper
Tourer

I think this IDS is just a mask to cover the real problem and that in the future you will be looking at big problems. Here's another problem now......what if you want to put some nice wheels on your bike with matching rotors and matching pulley like I did......your screwed.......you can't do it. Harley needs to fix this problem properly and that is to redesign this transmission/primary drive setupbefore they start failing later on in there life cycle. I personally think that HD is making way to many changes way to fast on all the items on their bikes. It used to be nice many years ago that no matter where you went or whether you went to an HD dealer or an independent shop you could almost always count on getting the parts you needed......now.....good luck if even the dealer has them. I think they are doing it so eventually you will only be able to get parts from the Dealer as all the aftermaket manufacturers will get fed up with having to redesign the parts every couple years to match the changes. I can tell you that I'm sure glad my bike is a 2005.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:47 AM
kansasroadking
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Kasper

I think this IDS is just a mask to cover the real problem and that in the future you will be looking at big problems. Here's another problem now......what if you want to put some nice wheels on your bike with matching rotors and matching pulley like I did......your screwed.......you can't do it. Harley needs to fix this problem properly and that is to redesign this transmission/primary drive setup before they start failing later on in there life cycle. I personally think that HD is making way to many changes way to fast on all the items on their bikes. It used to be nice many years ago that no matter where you went or whether you went to an HD dealer or an independent shop you could almost always count on getting the parts you needed......now.....good luck if even the dealer has them. I think they are doing it so eventually you will only be able to get parts from the Dealer as all the aftermaket manufacturers will get fed up with having to redesign the parts every couple years to match the changes. I can tell you that I'm sure glad my bike is a 2005.

LOL!!! right on Kasper!!

And I'm sure glad mine's an '06!!! with a carburetor

Quick Reply: IDS, Letter to MOCO, PICKED UP BIKE 10/29/2007