Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IDS, Letter to MOCO, PICKED UP BIKE 10/29/2007

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 08:07 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,834 Likes on 1,595 Posts
Default RE: IDS, Letter to MOCO, Will send out on 9/14/07

You can sue for this. The tranny or whatever does not have to fail to raise a complaint.
The Complaint can be noise only. People sue for less...think about it.
Especially when HD advertised that these bikes were the smoothest running, quietest bikes they have ever made.
Second, when 90% of the buyers do not experience the noise, then the other 10% can raise a complaint, as their bikes are not "normal".

Butisn't it just easier to buy the IDS and be done with it? I did, and my Sis is a lawyer (free to me). Why go through allthe trouble...

lp

ORIGINAL: Tech2

Sorry you are unhappy with your bike. I respectfully submit to you:

I'm no lawyer, but I honestly don't think the letter will do any good. First off, are any of these 'noisy' transmissions/bikes actually failing? If the problem is simply noise, why should/would the company take action? Unless the transmissions/bikes fail at an abnormally high rate as compared to previous years/models, the company is not really required to do anything, nor are they likely to issue a recall or respond to a class action lawsuit. A noisy transmission/bike is not causing the owner any financial hardship or loss of any type.

Besides that, you are writing a letter voicing your displeasure but you never ask for a resolution. The letter never states what you are asking the company to do. Pay for the kit? A new bike? You need to tell them what you expect as a resolution, otherwise what's the point of the letter?

Lastly, sorry to nit pick, who are you quoting when you say "and I quote"? You should delete the "and I quote" part of the letter.

Old 09-09-2007, 08:09 AM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 81 Posts

Im suremoco will be glad to here from one of there customers.I think moco may have known about this/and fix all along and we where the test monkeys? or the finaceiors? for the fix. how much better bike runs now gave me amnecia and dont remeber if I was every angree at anyone.

Old 09-09-2007, 08:21 AM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The "I quote" part is implied to be just about any and every dealership and is fine as is.

bigreef: the only grammatical corrections needed are the commas between the cities and their states, and changing "road" to "rode". At least that was all that jumped out at me. "couple of hundred dollars" doesn't sit well with me. I think your "couple $100" is fine. If you want to spell it out, "couple hundred dollars" would be correct; no "of". 'Course I ain't no grammatician...

Old 09-09-2007, 08:56 AM
SIM
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: bigreef

ORIGINAL: WindowMan

You should edit your private info out of this one online!
Not sure why but I did. Won't do much good as simcom has it on his.
Removed it from my reply should you feel the need to remove it from the original.

sim

Old 09-09-2007, 09:05 AM
crash1292
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

send me the letter...I will tie it to a brick and send it thru one of the office windows at moco...it will get read gauranteed

Old 09-09-2007, 09:17 AM
monkish
Road Master

ORIGINAL: simcom

ORIGINAL: bigreef

ORIGINAL: WindowMan

You should edit your private info out of this one online!
Not sure why but I did. Won't do much good as simcom has it on his.
Removed it from my reply should you feel the need to remove it from the original.

sim
By the way, i did not even realize that you corrected my letter for me. I thought you were actually refering to the whole context. I re-read it this morning and changed a lot around and then realized the corrections that you made for me. DUH lol Oh well, i think it is a little better stated now anyway. Thanks again. I really do not care if my personal stuff is in there but i will leave it alone for now. I am getting several letters to attach with mine and will e-mail them when i quit getting any more support. MyIDS is ordered and i will get it put on and ride happy regardless of what the moco does. At least I got it off my chest.

Old 09-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Tech2
Tourer

ORIGINAL: glens

The "I quote" part is implied to be just about any and every dealership and is fine as is.

Sorry, but it is not okay. It is only okay when actually quoting somebody. There is no such thing as an 'implied quote', either somebody said it or they didn't. Try quoting a public figure with an 'implied quote' and and see what happens. If the letter writer wants to be taken seriously, it should be corrected/removed.

I'm not an English major by any stretch of the imagination, but I do write technical manuals for a living.

ORIGINAL: lp

You can sue for this. The tranny or whatever does not have to fail to raise a complaint.
Especially when HD advertised that these bikes were the smoothest running, quietest bikes they have ever made.
Second, when 90% of the buyers do not experience the noise, then the other 10% can raise a complaint, as their bikes are not "normal".

Butisn't it just easier to buy the IDS and be done with it? I did, and my Sis is a lawyer (free to me). Why go through allthe trouble...

lp
Good luck with that, especially if you haven't suffered a loss of any type. Unless you count sleepless nights worrying about your $20,000 investment that has not met your expectations (with regards to noise) or the noise is actually causing you a loss of some sort. I have never heard of a case where somebody was compensated for nothing. If you (or your sister) are aware of any cases where someone suffered no loss and was compensated, I'd love to hear about it, because I could use some extra cash to supplement my retirement 5-10 years from now.

bigreef,

I realize that many people are unhappy over this issue and I certainly would be too. I'm not trying to rain on the parade here, just posting some outside perspective. Best of luck with your complaint.

Old 09-09-2007, 11:27 AM
ndotken
Road Captain

bigreef,

I agree with you 100%. I got rid of the box of rocks noise with the stage 1 upgrade, but the 5th gear whine/chatter/noise is so annoying I don't even like using that gear. So when the '08's came out with the IDS, I tried to get both the stealership and MOCO to add the IDS to my 2007 for free. No dice. The Svc Dept personnel at the stealership didn't know anything about it and said the Svc Mgr would call me. Of course he never did, so I called MOCO Customer Svc. They gave me the "It's an enhancement, not a fix to a problem" line ... total BS.

I finally bought the part from Zanotti's for $218 to my door and scheduled an appointment to have it installed at the stealership. Then they called me the day before and said they couldn't do it because they needed were trying to install an IDS on another bike and found out they needed a special tool to do it and didn't have it. Said they had to order the tool from HD and would have to reschedule my appointment in a week or two. I thought ... "What a bunch of clowns."

Is this what HD customer service has come to???

Old 09-09-2007, 12:01 PM
monkish
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Tech2

ORIGINAL: glens

Sorry, but it is not okay. It is only okay when actually quoting somebody. There is no such thing as an 'implied quote', either somebody said it or they didn't. Try quoting a public figure with an 'implied quote' and and see what happens. If the letter writer wants to be taken seriously, it should be corrected/removed.

I'm not an English major by any stretch of the imagination, but I do write technical manuals for a living.

ORIGINAL: lp

lp
Good luck with that, especially if you haven't suffered a loss of any type. Unless you count sleepless nights worrying about your $20,000 investment that has not met your expectations (with regards to noise) or the noise is actually causing you a loss of some sort. I have never heard of a case where somebody was compensated for nothing. If you (or your sister) are aware of any cases where someone suffered no loss and was compensated, I'd love to hear about it, because I could use some extra cash to supplement my retirement 5-10 years from now.

bigreef,

I realize that many people are unhappy over this issue and I certainly would be too. I'm not trying to rain on the parade here, just posting some outside perspective. Best of luck with your complaint.
OK, not to have an english lesson or anything, but to clear it up... I don't know if the words and I quote should be there or not, but what followed in quotations is exactly what was said by the individual being discribed. I revised it none the less. Thanks for the help on grammer asI would like it to be clear when sent.

Old 09-09-2007, 12:13 PM
1stSgt
Stage I

Look if you want to get this problem serious air time use one of the internet based video sites and post videos about the issue must be creative to get attention! Trust me when this gets out in the cyber world the MOCO will take notice and most likely action! This is the way many consumser problems are being taken care of. Try it, but again it must be creative.

Quick Reply: IDS, Letter to MOCO, PICKED UP BIKE 10/29/2007