Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IDS, Letter to MOCO, PICKED UP BIKE 10/29/2007

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 01:03 PM
Templarknight
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: IDS, Letter to MOCO, Will send out on 9/14/07

Monkish.....my experience with harley Davidson is that they do not live up to anything. I have found that their answer for all of their screwups is " That's the nature of the beast " they could care less. I wish you luck I own my 2nd Harley and it will be my last.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:07 PM
monkish
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Templarknight

Monkish.....my experience with harley Davidson is that they do not live up to anything. I have found that their answer for all of their screwups is " That's the nature of the beast " they could care less. I wish you luck I own my 2nd Harley and it will be my last.
Not sure what you mean here about not caring.. HD replaced my motor and my dealer stepped up and provided excellent service. I can't speak for everyone at HD but the people that I spoke with addressed the issue, took the time to understand my concern, rode my bike, concured that there may be a problem, did some investigative motor work, found a problem and replaced the motor with a smile. It doesn't get much better than that. Sorry you are not satisfied and I am sure that there are issues with HD just as there is with every other make out there. But I feel that as much crap as we tend to dish out when someone does us wrong..... We need to speak up when they get it right. [sm=groupwave.gif]Just my opinion though.

Old 11-04-2007, 06:16 PM
mfindell
6th Gear

I just wanted to add one lastbit to this thread. I am the owner and rider of the 2007 Road King that is the focus of this thread. I am aware that there are a lot of people out there that think most women have no mechanical knowledge. I am no exception to this rule...but even a mechanically challenged woman can tell when it sounds like there is something hammering in your motor. Once we got to Lonnie who is a Harley rep. and he listened to and rode the bike things started to happen. We were very pleased with our dealings with Lonnie. He was very friendly and very frank about what could and could not be done. Once he decided that there was something definitely not right things started to happen. Our dealership stepped up to the plate and took care of everything. New motor and IDS installation. No attitudes at all. I was worried about how they would respond to the rep having to come out but all is good as far as I can tell. I am happier with my bike now than the day I bought it. It sounds good runs good and handles better. I am a woman that is thrilled with her ride! As of the close of this letter we are done with this thread...however if anyone wants any info about the actual process we took to get all of this done you can contact my husband by e-mail. jfindell@bellsouth.net
Melinda