Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stepped on dealers toes?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 05:37 AM
dgriffith
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stepped on dealers toes?

I have reapeatedly taken my bike in for a stalling/high idle conditions since new, 5/06. A couple of weeks ago, I said enough is enough and reported it to moco. They gave me a referance number which I called the dealer and gave to them and took my bike in. I called 2 weeks later and asked about the bike and they said they were really busy and it was going to be a while.What recourse do I have now? Call the moco again and complain again??? Thanks Dan

Old 09-08-2007, 05:41 AM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 323 Likes on 190 Posts
Default RE: Stepped on dealers toes?

I'd call the dealer back and ask them to define what a while is and yes, I'd call the Moco back again and again if needed. Or, alternatively if it's possible I'd take it elsewhere and be done wtih that dealer.

Old 09-08-2007, 05:46 AM
HDDOC
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Stay on the dealers ash, let them know that you are not happy and will be calling MOCO again if you get no progress from them, No excuse for this this dealer to be holding you up, unless parts a back orded from the MOCO which does happen. Doc

Old 09-08-2007, 06:04 AM
dgriffith
Road Warrior

As of yet they have not looked at the bike. It,s still setting in the back room. I walked in yesterday and there was less than 6 bike in there. I just done a walk through and did not talk to anyone. I wanted to see for myself if they were that busy. I see the problem of not getting fixed because the weather has cooled off and it acts up more so when it is hot weather. Dan

Old 09-08-2007, 06:54 AM
Geezer Glide Bob
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Call the MOCO, let them know how you feel. You paid money and got a warranty that isn't being atteneded to. The MOCO got their money, now you want the service that you were promised when you bought the bike. Ask them who they want to fix it, they should take care of things for you.

Old 09-08-2007, 07:07 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

ORIGINAL: dgriffith
I have reapeatedly taken my bike in for a stalling/high idle conditions since new, 5/06.
Have you been using only 1 dealer?If so sounds like they dont know how to fix the bike.Can you take it to another dealer?
How many times have they seen the bike for the same problem?Could a lemon law come into play?

Old 09-08-2007, 07:28 AM
phat96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get it out of there, and go somewhere else. Then tell us where this place is so everyone can aviod them. Ithits themwhere it hurts,in theprofit margin.

Old 09-08-2007, 07:33 AM
choochoo
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The MOCO does NOT give a SH*T about you after the sale!
I have sent two letters so far asking the moco to explain in laymans terms (as required by law) if a certain item is covered under warranty.
They have side stepped the question completely and not answered it.
I wrote a 3rd yesterday.
If I don't get a specific answer then it goes to an attorney who specilizes in warranty and contracts.
Bet money your bike does not get fixed by any dealer.
Several things can cause your symptoms ..... most commonly
bad head heat sensor. a faulty ECM or map in it, a faulty idle air control motor.
Do you have the sert installed?
If so you can use your laptop to scan it just like the dealer

Old 09-08-2007, 07:37 AM
dgriffith
Road Warrior

I bought the bike new from a dealer 35 miles away, after taking it back every week for 4 months they suggested that there are other dealers who might help. I took it to the local dealer, PIZZ poor sales staff, where they have worked on it many times, 2 sets of induction seals,air idle motor, sert and dino run and still it will not idle right. after 17500 miles it still is not safe. In all the bike has been in the shop more than 3 months for the same related problem.

Old 09-08-2007, 07:45 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

I think I would have gotten some legal advice/action by now.There must be a law regarding a company that will not fix or cant fix a vehicle that has a warranty.

Quick Reply: Stepped on dealers toes?