Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stepped on dealers toes?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 09:11 PM
dgriffith
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stepped on dealers toes?

Yes, BrockRKC06, I retired in 02 and I ride as much as 300 miles a day just to pass the time around home. It,s nothing to meet a couple of guys I once worked with and ride over 200 miles for lunch. And yes the bike has had a stalling/high idle condition since new. It,s beginning to bother me when the wife is with me and it acts up. BUT, I do have some good news to report, MAYBE, I called the customer complaint number 2 weeks ago and I have not heard from them, so today I was put on hold for more than 1 hour till I got a real person on the phone. I explained my plight in the most sincere,courteous manner and asked what else I could do to get my bike fixed before myself or my wife gets hurt. She said there is nothing they could do to influence the local dealer. Right. So this evening, I get a message from H/D and wanted to know which dealer that was working on my bike so they could check on the status of it and see if they needed assistance in fixing it or when it might get repaired. More Tuesday evening Dan

Old 09-11-2007, 06:09 AM
gunnert
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Stepped on dealers toes?

Your $ is your recourse. This kinda thing has been going on at HD dealers world wide for about 10 years now. It's not about the customer, it's about the $!

Recourse?
1. Live with it
2. Buy a repair manual
3. Change to a motorcycle brand that doesn't have the maintenance history of a HD