Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stepped on dealers toes?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 05:47 AM
gibbyair
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stepped on dealers toes?

ORIGINAL: PapaTravis

I would ask when they would get to it, and demand a little compensation. Say a rental will do until you can get to it. I would not leave until I was satisfied. And, if all else failed, I would send my wife in... LOL. She can get whatever needs to be done, done. Some call her a b!tch, I call her, honey. LOL
haa I know what you mean..I got one too..

Old 09-10-2007, 06:10 AM
dgriffith
Road Warrior

drdiesel 1, I always start the bike by turning the main switch on, then the kill switch and waiting for the fuel pump to prime and the light to go out. Yes it came with 25 deg. injectors.The battery cables have all been cleaned, tightened. Only on one occasion has the bike fast idled when cold. It will act up after a hot soak. You can shut it off and restart and it will go away. never to return till the next episode, could be 15 minutes or next week.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:08 AM
JC650
Road Captain

I find the service that of some of these dealers you guys post about to be appalling. I cant believe a dealership would treat someone like that. The car dealers in my area arent even that bad. No way I would take that b.s. "go to another dealer maybe they can help". Are you serious they rellly said that. I have bought bikes from 2 dealers in my area and they both have had very good service. 1 had bad sales but thats another story.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:28 AM
vettedog72
Tourer

Sounds the other way; the dealer has stepped on YOUR toes.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:28 AM
DeathWind
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the bulletin for the injectors: http://www.geocities.com/bill_synthi.../injectors.pdf

I had problems with stalling and after 2-3 visits to the dealer they took a closer look and replaced the injectors and loaded the appropriate map. A lot happier with how it runs and I don't have toworry about stalling while negotiating cones as a MSF instructor.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:50 AM
BrockRKC06
Cruiser

Your "never been right since new"bike has 17500 miles on it?

Old 09-10-2007, 01:27 PM
ndotken
Road Captain

A warranty is only worth what the manufacturer and the dealer are willing to stand behind. And I have learned that obviously neither the MOCO nor the stealer give a s_ _ t about you once you drive the bike over the curb. The MOCO employees just quote the line that they are given by their superiors ... and the stealership employees are mostly idiots that know less about the bikes than most of the people on this forum. Frankly, the MOCO and the stealer can both kiss my A$$.

My advice ... forget the warranty and find a GOOD "shade tree" mechanic that knows bikes. I'm dealing with it alot better now that I've realized that me and my bike are on our own.

Old 09-10-2007, 03:29 PM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: PapaTravis
I would send my wife in... LOL. She can get whatever needs to be done, done. Some call her a b!tch, I call her, honey. LOL
LOL.....I think you are talking about MY wife

Old 09-10-2007, 05:08 PM
PDDGM
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Get a sign and picket the stealer. Stay off their property, but stand close to the drive if possible. I had a friend who did this to a ford dealer some years ago, and it took 3 days for them to get the message. When the newspaper and TV people started showing up to film him and his lemon car(had lemons all over it). They got his car out of the road and into the dealer quick. He got a different car and all was fine. Don't take no crap, just get a lawyer and picket the dirty
rascals..

Joe

Old 09-10-2007, 07:14 PM
gregorysfd
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have found the Consumer Protection Agency and the Better Business group very good at making them jump when they are called to get involved

Quick Reply: Stepped on dealers toes?