Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stepped on dealers toes?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 08:31 AM
BGHV65
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Stepped on dealers toes?

Dude, it's time to test the lemon law in your state. If you can afford an attorney, get one and have him contact both the dealer where the bike is and the MoCo. 3 months for the same issues and all the different things done to it? That's excessive so I think it's time they stepped up and took care of you, maybe giving you another bike or something.

I really don't understand why we put up with this BS when if it was a car or TV, we would have already screamed to high heaven.

If we the consumers start putting some hellacious pressure on these shady dealers AS WELL AS HD for selling a defective product (if the bike we buy has issues that can't be fixed), in time we will weed out the bad ones.

To put your bike in the shop and have it sit for weeks on end untouched (???) I think they're ignoring the problem and hope you'll just get aggravated and come get it so they don't have to deal with it. I would be incensed...........

Old 09-08-2007, 09:21 AM
dgriffith
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BGHV65, Yes I can afford an attorney, I paid cash for the bike. I,ve reached a point now that I need a phone number of a very good attorney. I don,t want to use a local that can be bought off. any suggestions out there??? Dan

Old 09-08-2007, 09:49 AM
DelawareDon
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: BGHV65

Dude, it's time to test the lemon law in your state. If you can afford an attorney, get one and have him contact both the dealer where the bike is and the MoCo. 3 months for the same issues and all the different things done to it? That's excessive so I think it's time they stepped up and took care of you, maybe giving you another bike or something.

I really don't understand why we put up with this BS when if it was a car or TV, we would have already screamed to high heaven.

If we the consumers start putting some hellacious pressure on these shady dealers AS WELL AS HD for selling a defective product (if the bike we buy has issues that can't be fixed), in time we will weed out the bad ones.

To put your bike in the shop and have it sit for weeks on end untouched (???) I think they're ignoring the problem and hope you'll just get aggravated and come get it so they don't have to deal with it. I would be incensed...........
Some state's lemon laws do not apply to bikes. In Delaware for example, the lemon law is alive and well for automobiles, but does not apply to motorcycles.

Old 09-08-2007, 09:55 AM
06UltraBig95
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if I should mention or not, I had similar problems on both my 06 Ultras, it was the injectors. I still had the 8 degree.
Stealer swapped out both sets of injectors to 25 degree under warrenty, It did take a bit of convincing on how the bike was running and after the third different tech took out the bike they did agree something wasn't right.
Just my 2 cents

Old 09-08-2007, 02:02 PM
folkxrock
Cruiser

Give these guysa call. I am not sure if they handle bikes or your state, but they put Ford in their place on my behalf.

http://www.krohnandmoss.com/

Good Luck

Old 09-08-2007, 04:41 PM
drdiesel1
Road Captain

Injector TSB for new style with additional nozzle holes and spray angle. This should be addressed first. Dealers are DumbAzzes. Make sure you have the new injectors installed. Look at them with a magnifying glass, get the part number andmatch it in the parts book.
You should also run a tank of fuel and add Chevron with Techron fuel injector cleaner to it.
Pull the air cleaner and clean the throttle plate and bore with some. This would be the correct starting point to fixing your problem.
It would be best if you could see what the T.P.S andI.A.C. valve readings areat idle hot. I.A.C counts should average 30 and TPS should be .4 to .8 volts. I would also like to know your start-up method. On a F/I bike you should turn the key to on and wait the the F/I lamp to go out. This resets the IAC counts and zero`s the system configuration. Idle and stalling conditions can be contributed to improper starting procedures too. I would also get a wrench on my battery bolts and make them tight. Not just a wiggle test. Use a wrench.
Voltage drops and low voltage will cause havoc with a F/I bike. Now get your bike back front the DumbAzz dealer and fix it yourself. I`ll help all I can onhere.[8D]

Old 09-08-2007, 04:45 PM
Roofuss96
Road Captain

I think I would have gotten some legal advice/action by now.--Yup, time to call the eagle on this one ! [sm=smiley7.gif]

Old 09-09-2007, 04:31 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I would ask when they would get to it, and demand a little compensation. Say a rental will do until you can get to it. I would not leave until I was satisfied. And, if all else failed, I would send my wife in... LOL. She can get whatever needs to be done, done. Some call her a b!tch, I call her, honey. LOL

Old 09-09-2007, 05:52 AM
NCCopBikeRider
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Contact your State's Attorney General's Office

They should do it for free

Ride Em Carry Em

Old 09-09-2007, 07:42 PM
choochoo
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yep! There is it is called a lemon law. all states have one
ORIGINAL: 1FLTRI4ME

I think I would have gotten some legal advice/action by now.There must be a law regarding a company that will not fix or cant fix a vehicle that has a warranty.

Quick Reply: Stepped on dealers toes?