Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do people change there security codes on there factory security system?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 04:02 PM
harleybob
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do people change there security codes on there factory security system?

It seems like from what I am reading. All the bikes come from the factory programed with the same codes. Oh, That Harley wish book got me. I bought the siren and pager for the factory security system. All comments greatly appreciated. Thanks Bob.

Old 11-25-2005, 04:46 PM
Bibleman
Cruiser
Default RE: Do people change there security codes on there factory security system?

Changed mine the day I brought it home.

Old 11-25-2005, 04:53 PM
JamieWG
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Do people change there security codes on there factory security system?

ORIGINAL: harleybob

It seems like from what I am reading. All the bikes come from the factory programed with the same codes. Oh, That Harley wish book got me. I bought the siren and pager for the factory security system. All comments greatly appreciated. Thanks Bob.
I'm not sure it comes pre-programmed with default codes. When I installed my siren and pager, I read the service manual and I seem to recall that if you didn't set a code, there were no codes. I'm not the best at reading directions, so I could be wrong..lol.. Anyways, yeah, set your own code. If you ever lose the key fob, you'll need a way to bypass the alarm. Installation of the siren is a snap and the pager is even easier to set up.

Old 11-25-2005, 05:21 PM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 6 Posts

Changed mine at the shop when the guy showed me how to work it...

Mac

Old 11-25-2005, 05:49 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Dealer did it with me before I left. She said all come with 7-7-7-7-7 and of course that makes it really easy to defeat if you dont change it.

Old 11-25-2005, 05:53 PM
harleybob
Cruiser

Thanks for all the replys so far. I have a couple of questions. To install the siren. They suggest to disconnect the negative cable on the battery. And pull out the maxi fuse. Understood. My question is when I disconnect the battery are the security memory codes erased?. And when I program the new security codes do I program the security codes on the bike first. Or do I program the key fobs first ? All help greatly appreciated. I read the book several times but it still seems confusing to me. LOL. All replys greatly appreciared. Thanks. Bob.

Old 11-25-2005, 08:47 PM
jfanton
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

Dealer did it with me before I left. She said all come with 7-7-7-7-7 and of course that makes it really easy to defeat if you dont change it.

If this were the case you would not be able to do the "creating code for the first time" procedure.
Instead you would have to use the "modifying existing codes" procedure.

Old 11-25-2005, 09:50 PM
gsparesa
Tourer

Yup, I changed mine but I don't use it very much anymore. Had a problem with the alarm when I was at a viewpoint near Sutro Tower in San Francisco. The television/radio station transmissions interfered with our security systems. My wife's bike couldn't set her alarm and by bike wouldn't un-set the alarm. I couldn't remember that damn code, so I PUSHED my bike behind the hill before I could un-set the bloody “con-craption” with the clicker.

Old 11-25-2005, 09:57 PM
JamieWG
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: harleybob

Thanks for all the replys so far. I have a couple of questions. To install the siren. They suggest to disconnect the negative cable on the battery. And pull out the maxi fuse. Understood. My question is when I disconnect the battery are the security memory codes erased?. And when I program the new security codes do I program the security codes on the bike first. Or do I program the key fobs first ? All help greatly appreciated. I read the book several times but it still seems confusing to me. LOL. All replys greatly appreciared. Thanks. Bob.
That's a good question. I didn't set my codes until after I had installed the siren, so I can't answer it. You don't really program the pager, there is a button pushing sequence (on the pager itself) to make it sync up with the security system on your bike. Install the siren first, then sync up the pager. After that, set your security code. I can't remember the exact instructions for it all, but you'll see that it's really easy. It's actually so easy that I was surprised. I think the whole installation of the siren and pager took me about 15 minutes tops. Now, programming the security code is a whole different ballgame. I followed the instruction in the service manual and didn't have any problems, but there are several steps and I sort of felt like I was patting my head and rubbing my stomach at the same time (if you know what I mean)... just take your time with that part and follow the instructions to a tee.

Old 11-26-2005, 12:38 AM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm just going by what I was told. This is what I saw of course, because the dealer went over it with me before I took delivery. Mine was set to 77777 and she said they all are that way. Maybe she meant all that come to that dealer?

Sorry if I have mislead anyone.

Quick Reply: Do people change there security codes on there factory security system?