Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do people change there security codes on there factory security system?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 09:43 PM
harleybob
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Do people change there security codes on there factory security system?

Mission done. I installed the siren and programmed the pager. This siren is ear peircing. Thanks again everyone for the replys. And help. Bob

Old 11-27-2005, 12:31 AM
alarmguy
6th Gear
Default RE: Do people change there security codes on there factory security system?

Intersting, Maybe I had better look at setting a code, thanks. I have added the siren, does anyone know if can add the pager to the factory alarm with the siren module I had installed, or will i have to change to add the pager??

Old 11-27-2005, 12:38 AM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Changed mine about 10 minutes after getting it home for the first time.

Old 11-27-2005, 09:36 AM
Danester
Road Master

THANKS FOR BRINGING THIS UP!!! I bought my bike - -read that part of the manual for about 10 mins and forgot all about the reset -- well, it's been a year and 3 months now that I've had my bike - - guess time flies when your havin fun (11,200 Miles later)- - but certainly, since I park in DC during work, I will change it first chance I get - -

Old 11-27-2005, 11:46 AM
toadmanor
Road Captain

I changed my codes the first or second day of ownership

Old 11-27-2005, 11:51 PM
DensFLH
Cruiser

My 06 EG Classic owner's manual said the same thing, no codes from the factory and if you don't put a personal code in and you lose or damage your key fob with the alarm set, you will have to purchase a new security system module, which I'm sure is not cheap.
ORIGINAL: JamieWG

ORIGINAL: harleybob

It seems like from what I am reading. All the bikes come from the factory programed with the same codes. Oh, That Harley wish book got me. I bought the siren and pager for the factory security system. All comments greatly appreciated. Thanks Bob.
I'm not sure it comes pre-programmed with default codes. When I installed my siren and pager, I read the service manual and I seem to recall that if you didn't set a code, there were no codes. I'm not the best at reading directions, so I could be wrong..lol.. Anyways, yeah, set your own code. If you ever lose the key fob, you'll need a way to bypass the alarm. Installation of the siren is a snap and the pager is even easier to set up.

Old 04-03-2007, 06:53 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

Sorry to bring up such an old post but this is all I could find in a search relevent to what I need. I bought an '06 softail with a factory alarm but was not given any information on how to change the code or program it in any way. I would really like to have this thing set up for me not how the fac tory set it for me. I don't even know how to turn it off with the turn signals (or even knew I could until I searched for info). Can anyone help me get the information for programming and features for the factory alarm unit? Thanks.

Old 04-03-2007, 07:28 PM
TowJam
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dealer sets the code to the last 5 digits of the VIN. This apparently is common practice and is no secret. So my recommendation would be to change the code ASAP after taking delivery of your bike.

Oh yeah, be sure and keep the wallet card handy which gives you the instructions on how to disarm the alarm when you forget/misplace your FOB. In the heat of the moment, there's a good chance you'll forget how to do this otherwise. Don't ask me how I know. [sm=headbang.gif]

Old 04-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Lu
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: 1of2

Sorry to bring up such an old post but this is all I could find in a search relevent to what I need. I bought an '06 softail with a factory alarm but was not given any information on how to change the code or program it in any way. I would really like to have this thing set up for me not how the fac tory set it for me. I don't even know how to turn it off with the turn signals (or even knew I could until I searched for info). Can anyone help me get the information for programming and features for the factory alarm unit? Thanks.
Look at your manual. The manual has the default code and how to reprogram it.

I did it within one week after I brought her home. You never know when the fob will malfunction or becomes lost.

Old 04-03-2007, 08:55 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

I don't have a manual. That is the whole problem.

Quick Reply: Do people change there security codes on there factory security system?