Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for seat input

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Indianspringsaz
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: looking for seat input

First couple of short rides with the Mustang. I love it. Very nice seat. Recommended.

Old 09-08-2007, 03:34 PM
Yoman
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey man,

Before you spend the money for a new seat, check out Mean City Cycles. Allen is a member and sponser here on the forum. He can modify that seat to what you want.

Yoman

Old 09-08-2007, 07:58 PM
j_anf
Intermediate

I have a Mustang on my EGU and can hardly ride 40 miles and my butt's killing me. I also have a Deuce with the HD Sundowner, love it! But, the Ultra and Deuce versions are slightly different. Please, someone take this miserable Mustang off my hands!

Old 09-08-2007, 11:54 PM
skyking
Tourer

The absolute most comfortable seat you can purchase is the Russell day-long seat.Their seats are custom made for you using your stock seat pan. The big difference between Russell and everyone else, is that Russell uses springs in the seat. I had one on my BMW R1150RT, but haven't sprungfor oneyet for myRK. They are pricey....around $600. I have no affiliation with the company, but I'll go so far as to say that if you purchase a Russell seat and don't like it, I'llbuy off you for what you paid for it.

Rick

Old 09-09-2007, 08:48 PM
TexasUltra
Cruiser

I have to second Yoman, I just put my Mean City Cycle stock seat back on after Allan replaced and re-shaped my ultra seat. Memory foam a little tweek here and there to fit my ash and BINGO.
Longest rides so far are only 3-4 hours, but the real test comes Tuesday when I will be in the saddle most of the day. More testimony to come after that Patriot Day ride.
A couple hundred bucks vs. the Zep or even a Mustang prices??? MCC has a new (un-official) sales rep in Houston and I will recommend his workto anyone having seat issues.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:16 PM
TexasUltra
Cruiser

Hope you haven't spent any money yet. The juries in on the Mean City Cycle seat on my Ultra. It's friggin' great! Memory foam makes all the difference in the world. I had mine lowered a little and moved back an inch. Close to 300 miles on Saturday, no problem. MCC is one of the forums sponsors and will work with you to get the fit you want. Best return on my $$$ so far. That other stuff may look good, but there's no way to put a $ amount on comfort.
ORIGINAL: king cool

Im wanting to buy new touring seat for my 03 road king. Im just wanting to know what is the most comfortable seat for riding double.

Thank you for the help