Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 12:39 AM
TBone
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default What do you guys think?

I walked into my third Harley Dealer about 15 min. before closing time. The salesman said you could drive the Ultra home today half jokingly. I said if you get my trade right I will. He then asked was I serious and I told him it would all depend on the trade.

I had a 2004 RKC loaded with crome 95" BB and Rhinehardts TD. Two other dealers told me they would trade for an 08 UltraClassic for my bike plus 12,000.00 dollars.

Pat Rogers offered me their black pearl 08 UC for mine with having to come up with 9,000.00 dollars. Plus they gave me the passenger's headset for free and sold me a 5 yr. warrenty for 1200.00 Wait that might have been a 7 yr. It happened so fast I need to check.

I swapped for that offer and now am thinking was this a good deal or great deal? What do you guys think?

Old 09-06-2007, 01:08 AM
drdiesel1
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What do you guys think?

I have found over the years of car, bike, jet ski ETC purchases.
The only good deal is if your happy with what you bought. Happy with the deal and the payments if financed.
The price sounds normal. Do you feel your trade value was fair, good. Then I would say yes.
Some will say no, but I think as long as you get what you want...Then Yes. It`s a good deal. It`s all speculative.
My Dark Blue Pearl 08 FLHTCU with Securitywas 24K out the door. I traded my 05 BMW R1200RT on it. They gave me 10K for it with 50K miles.
I think I got a good deal even though I paid MSRP, shipping and a reduced prep fee.
Someone else bought a vivid black out OTD for 23K. All numbers have been rounded up because I don't remember what his actual deal was. I live in CA and the dealers here are rapists. So MSRP was OK for me. I`m happy with it and that's what counts.
You can go to www.kbb.com and look up the base value for your bike as a trade and see what a stock unit would net. Add-on`s are of no value when trading. They will be when the dealer sells it...[8D]

Old 09-06-2007, 01:13 AM
drdiesel1
Road Captain

Ugggghhhhhhhhhh.

Old 09-06-2007, 06:21 AM
Snort
Road Captain

It's a done deal, NO reason to talk yourself into some buyers remorse
If you're happy with the deal then I'm happy.
One of these days we'll meet up at one of the local runs and I'll buy you a beer.

Old 09-06-2007, 06:44 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well....they beat yer other deals by 3k, tossed in a few goodies - an' ya done signed fer it. Now, go ride it an' enjoy - why bother now over what kinda deal it was/wasn't?

Old 09-06-2007, 07:38 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

ORIGINAL: TBone
I swapped for that offer and now am thinking was this a good deal or great deal?
The worst thing you can do is to start questioning the deal.It's not like you can return it and start shopping again.Just ride and enjoy.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:05 AM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The only good deal is if your happy with what you bought.
I'd say that's what matters. I'm a little surprised that Pat Rogers beat anybody's deal in our area from what I've heard about them. Curious to know who the other two were.

You've got a new motorcycle to put some miles on, ride it and enjoy it. I'm a little jealous.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:15 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

come on guys,,, he's lookin for some support with his decision,,,
he just dropped close to 10k,, we are all freinds right???

TBONE!!!!!! AWSOME!!, you did real good,,, welcome to the bagger club
wanna put some miles on? I'm ready!
enjoy my friend!
you happy? me happy!

Old 09-06-2007, 09:57 AM
TBone
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ElectaRick, you hit the nail on the head. I do feel it is a good deal, just a little sad to see my RKC go with my 10,000.00 dollars I guess.

Tilley's in Statesville, and CrossRoads in Wilkesboro were the other two. I was surprised myself at the deal. All I ever hear about Pat Rogers is bad things.

TBone

Took off work today to break the bike in. Great weather here for that.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:00 AM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

great....i'd be sad too if i had to let such a fine RK go ...enjoy your new bike

Quick Reply: What do you guys think?