Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

download for TC96-the EITMS Reflash for heat

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 09:12 PM
05customrk
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default download for TC96-the EITMS Reflash for heat

Has anyone tried the new download from Harley? does it work? Sounds interesting but at the same time I don't want to be Harley's beta test site.

Pete

Old 09-05-2007, 09:14 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 711 Likes on 353 Posts
Default RE: download for TC96

What new download are you talking about??

Old 09-05-2007, 11:20 PM
alexcue
Road Master

can u be just a bit more specific?

Old 09-05-2007, 11:26 PM
stu07hd
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are talking about the HD Stage 1 download I had it done to my Ultra. It solved my spark knock issue and the bike seems to run a bit cooler. I had it done at the same time I put Rush 2.0 Slip-ons on. If you plan to change air cleaners or switch pipes frequently you may consider a fuel programmer. It may be cheaper in the long run. I paid $150 for the stage 1 remap at my dealer. Was it money well spent, probably so since the spark knock is gone. I know that it is HD's issue, but I coulnd't sit there and listen to my way to expensive toy destroy itself internally.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:30 PM
alexcue
Road Master

well if it was the stage 1 download, it didn't do crap for mine. Ping was just as bad as before.

Just have to be the contrarian.

I finally went with a PCIII and a dynotune now it runs great and no ping whatsoever.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:09 PM
05customrk
Novice
Default RE: download for TC96 heat problems

My bad, I am referring to the EITMS Reflash to help with heat coming off the TC96. My dealer said they have only installed it on a hand full of bikes. But they haven't had much feed back from the people they did it for.

I am just wondering if it helps and how much of a delay, if any, there is getting power back to the rear cylinder

Old 09-06-2007, 10:59 PM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

An excerpt from the Service Bulletin.....
System Function
When engine temperature reaches a pre-determined point, the EITMS will turn off the rear cylinder fuel injector. Idle
speed will be maintained, however the rear cylinder will become an “air pump” which will work to cool the engine.
EITMS will activate (rear cylinder will turn off) when
all of the following conditions are met for approximately 6 seconds.
Engine temperature is greater than 287° F domestic (165° C international)
Twist grip opening less than 2.0%
Vehicle speed under 1 MPH (2 KPH)
Engine speed under 1200 RPM
EITMS will disable (rear cylinder will again fire) if
any one of the following occurs:
Engine temperature falls below 275° F domestic (135° C international)
Twist grip opening greater than 2.3%
Vehicle speed exceeds 2 MPH (3 KPH)
Engine speed exceeds 1350 RPM
Clutch is released with vehicle in gear
When the engine is in EITMS mode you may notice a difference in idle cadence. Additionally there may be a unique
exhaust odor. These are both considered to be normal conditions.
NOTE
If customer decides he does not want the EITMS, he may request you to deactivate it. Each motorcycle (as identified with its VIN) is entitled to have EITMS activated and deactivated once without charge. The original version of EITMS calibrations may also be upgraded to the new strategy under warranty as long as the two claims per VIN limit has not already been met. Charges for additional EITMS activations or deactivations will be the customer’s responsibility.
Screamin’ Eagle Stage calibrations are available with active EITMS and without EITMS. Before installing these calibrations on a customer’s vehicle, ensure the customer understands the EITMS and indicates their choice.

Old 09-07-2007, 01:34 AM
Warden
Cruiser

I had mine done last week after getting stuck in 5 miles of bumper to bumper traffic while traveling. My bike got so hot, my clutch would not disengage the engine. I had to pull under a bridge for it to cool down. Anyway, I noticed since the download, my bike is literally about 1/2 as hot as it was. I can actually ride in comfort rather than cooking my thighs and without spending money I don't have on accessories to help deflect the heat.
The only thing I notice is when sitting at an idle, you can feel a bit more vibration. Small price to pay.
I was told as soon as you rool on the throttle, the rear cylinder fires back up.
I hope this answers your question. Some call it the parade download but I was told it is different than the parade download. I was told it was a heat managment download.

Old 09-07-2007, 04:14 AM
ULTRA Gramps
Outstanding HDF Member

I had my 07 SG in for a light in the fuel gage. I told service guy (Steve) I was going to get D.T.T. For heat and pinging. He said he had a new download #32903-07E Free under warrenty. It runs Great no Pinging, even with the wife on the back. I can go down to 2000 RPM in 6th and it just pulls great! 49mpg on a ride this past weekend. But this is for a STOCK set up. You can not change Air Cleaner Maybe pipes

Old 09-07-2007, 08:20 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,374 Likes on 2,545 Posts

ORIGINAL: Warden

I noticed since the download, my bike is literally about 1/2 as hot as it was. I can actually ride in comfort rather than cooking my thighs and without spending money I don't have on accessories to help deflect the heat.
The only thing I notice is when sitting at an idle, you can feel a bit more vibration. Small price to pay.
i don't understand how it could make your bike run so much cooler. the only time it is active is when your at idle, less than 1 mph, etc. otherwise, the afr is the same.

Quick Reply: download for TC96-the EITMS Reflash for heat