Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOG membership, worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 04:02 PM
Ultrathunder
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HOG membership, worth it?

Had to use mine, rotor and stator went out ,30 miles east of Dallas, A company specialing in M/C showed up, with a enclosed M/C trailer. Was towed to Dallas HD, My Extended Warranty, payed up to 200 dollars toward towing, I only payed 50 bucks,out of my pocket, but thetotal billwas $150,got it too,but from what I understand only if it was Hog card towing, just my 2 cents, 19.95 for the basic , worth every penny.

Old 09-06-2007, 04:26 PM
rome304
Road Warrior

any discount for something you love is worth it.

Old 09-06-2007, 04:34 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought so many 07's they gave me a card good till 2010 Hog is good if youre into the hog stuff like local chapter activities since you must be a national member to join a local chapter.

Old 09-06-2007, 04:37 PM
Locutions
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been a member for too many years to remember. I enjoy themags and events as well ashaveused the roadside assistance more than they would probably have like it...riding a older bike.Think of it like this, if nothing else, break down once and seewhat the fee is without any roadside assistance...you can't bet the20.00 bucks for the year.

Old 09-06-2007, 05:30 PM
Fishguy001
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: dawg

I like the rags that come in the mail
me too

plus as said earlier dealer gives discounts so that is nice too

Old 09-06-2007, 05:49 PM
dt20
Tourer

if roadside assistance is what your really looking for check out KOA RV you dont need to own an RV to qualify. thing i like is they will tow to nearest certified shop for your vehicle not the standard 100 or 200miles. also covers any vehicle your driving and takes care of trip interuptions if your vehicle breaks down such as hotels and rental cars for a certain amount think it was $1200. might be a little more think i paid $75 for the year on internet special but i take long trips so I wanted the extra comfort just in case.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:36 PM
ridrkg
Advanced

As a director of a HOG chapter, I may be a little biased. But I think HOG is one of the best parts of owning a Harley. The key is the local chapters. All chapters are a little different, but in ours we sure have a great time. We have day rides, overnight/multi day/multi state trips, parties, dessert rides and just an all around great time. I joined our chapter in 1990 because I didn't have anyone to ride with. Now, all of my best friends are people I met through our chapter. HOG puts on some great rallies. While they seem a little pricy at first glance, I have never talked to anyone who felt they didn't get their moneys worth. see ya Ken

Old 09-06-2007, 08:38 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: dionne51

Just got my renewal invoice for another year and I'm debating whether or not to renew. I primarily only want roadside assistance and don't really care for all the other 'fluff'. Any other good motorcycle-based roadside assistance plans out there that are equal or better? I know AAA will tow my motorcycle in the event of a breakdown but I don't think I want to get my bike towed by someone who has no experience towing a bike.

I would agree with ya on that one. I have had the displeasure of seeing AAA (and other regular wrecker services) tow bikes, and they normally don't have the equipment, experience, or the Give a Damn to do it right.

How much are yearly HOG Dues? Can't be much more than the price of a single tow.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:42 PM
My427stang
Cruiser

I need to check out a ride or two before I make a decision

However, from a purchasing standpoint, I have never seen any benefit of my Hog card. Matter of fact, I have never taken it out and always get whatever deal everyone else is getting

If indeed these organized rides (shame on me for not trying them) are good, then maybe I'll sign up again, but right now it doesn tlook good for the October drop dead date

Old 09-06-2007, 08:46 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

have read many of your posts on this forum and even that having been said, I still think you would do ok.

Quick Reply: HOG membership, worth it?