Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Denver CO Exhaust Crackdown

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 12:59 PM
Doc
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Denver CO Exhaust Crackdown

OK all you riders in Colorado. Give us the straight scoop.

In this months issue of HOT Baggers (October). Look on Page 4. The Story is Entitled "Denver Exhaust Crackdown"

Basicly what it states is that as of July 1, if your bike doesn't have stock pipes installed by the manufacturer, you WILL be ticketed. You will then have 2 weeks to prove to the Judge the problem has been fixed or be forced to pay $500 big ones.

Here is the link to the AMA Story about it: http://www.amadirectlink.com/news/2007/Denver.asp

I am planning a trip to Denver. I guess I will be changing out my V&H Ovals on my True Duals to the "Factory" slipons and remap my FuelPak. :-(

Old 09-05-2007, 01:11 PM
07FLHRCMarinePatriot
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Denver CO Exhaust Crackdown

ORIGINAL: Doc

OK all you riders in Colorado. Give us the straight scoop.

In this months issue of HOT Baggers (October). Look on Page 4. The Story is Entitled "Denver Exhaust Crackdown"

Basicly what it states is that as of July 1, if your bike doesn't have stock pipes installed by the manufacturer, you WILL be ticketed. You will then have 2 weeks to prove to the Judge the problem has been fixed or be forced to pay $500 big ones.

Here is the link to the AMA Story about it: http://www.amadirectlink.com/news/2007/Denver.asp

I am planning a trip to Denver. I guess I will be changing out my V&H Ovals on my True Duals to the "Factory" slipons and remap my FuelPak. :-(

It's no joke. I'm south of Denver so I haven't heard any personal stories yet. But, the law is in effect.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:27 PM
Retired_Ted
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And all riders who think straight pipes with no baffles are great share responsibility. Look for that to be a model law for other cities.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:28 PM
mrsr71
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Doc

I am planning a trip to Denver.
Simple soultion – circumvent Denver [X(]

Old 09-05-2007, 01:45 PM
Geezer Glide Bob
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow, I bet the price of stock exhaust just went up! Now the law has made it easier to to pull over someone just for the reason they DON'T have stock exhaust on the bike. How are they (police) to know whether it's stock or not?

Old 09-05-2007, 02:01 PM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think this law will fall apart without imposing the same restrictions to every other loud vehicle on the road

Old 09-05-2007, 02:02 PM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's the reply that I got to an email that I sent them prior to our Colorado Ride.

The law requires all motorcycles to have and approved EPA approved muffler stamp. The stamp is located under the muffler and has clear engraved writing. Officers of the Denver Police Department are inspecting loud pipes with aggressive riders. So if you like to bring attention to your self by accelerating rapidly, with aggressive throttle advancement creating a loud noise in our neighborhoods were families and children are present, than you can expect a violation. If you ride with the respect of others and you ride in a quiet and safe manor than you should be fine.

Officer Jim Pelloni 01074
Denver Police Department
Neighborhood Enforcement Team
Motorcycle Unit
720-865-6944[/align]

Old 09-05-2007, 02:05 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: Retired_Ted

And all riders who think straight pipes with no baffles are great share responsibility. Look for that to be a model law for other cities.
BINGO.

Thank those who think it is their "God Given and Constitutional Right" to be loud and obnoxious.

Old 09-05-2007, 02:45 PM
lsc86
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"We the people of the united steralized neutered government controlled states"......

What a joke. Illegal immigrants causing havoc with our medical and school systems, out of control war in the middle east, poverty, natural disaster devastation recovery issues, over crowded prisons full of violent offenders, meth dealers in our high schools and we want to start targeting 'loud pipes' on motorcycles.....oh yeah, I forgot, writing tickets to the working class American is the only way to ensure revenue to our government agencies, fighting crime and solving issues doesn't make them any money....twisted world we live in.

Old 09-05-2007, 02:51 PM
JohnT
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: FLHT

I think this law will fall apart without imposing the same restrictions to every other loud vehicle on the road
Wishful thinking.

Quick Reply: Denver CO Exhaust Crackdown