Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Denver CO Exhaust Crackdown

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 02:56 PM
Retired_Ted
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Denver CO Exhaust Crackdown

ORIGINAL: lsc86

"We the people of the united steralized neutered government controlled states"......

What a joke. Illegal immigrants causing havoc with our medical and school systems, out of control war in the middle east, poverty, natural disaster devastation recovery issues, over crowded prisons full of violent offenders, meth dealers in our high schools and we want to start targeting 'loud pipes' on motorcycles.....oh yeah, I forgot, writing tickets to the working class American is the only way to ensure revenue to our government agencies, fighting crime and solving issues doesn't make them any money....twisted world we live in.
Have no fear - Hillary, Bill, and Al Gore will solve all of our problems (this is sarcasm for those in Rio Linda CA). [sm=biker2.gif]

Old 09-05-2007, 03:01 PM
FLHTCUI05
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where do you think all of the money comes from for the illegals? Us working people keep the country going. I think almost every politican in the country needs to be kicked out and new ones elected. Of course we would probably end up with the same thing.

Old 09-05-2007, 03:08 PM
ianchris1
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: CSI Topeka

ORIGINAL: Retired_Ted

And all riders who think straight pipes with no baffles are great share responsibility. Look for that to be a model law for other cities.
BINGO.

Thank those who think it is their "God Given and Constitutional Right" to be loud and obnoxious.

Yeah, that's got to be it. It couldn't be the million other exhaust systems that are near as loud like Rush, V&H, Samson, etc... It must be the straight pipes. I don't think the average person who might be annoyed by loud exhaust would really care if it was a SE pipe or a straight pipe. I am sure that people find them equally annoying. I mean, how many people run straight pipes compared to the other exhaust systems on the market? That is a weak argument IMO to pin this problem on straight pipes.

Old 09-05-2007, 03:13 PM
Dr.Hess
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,917 Likes on 1,430 Posts

Is Denver a Sanctuary City? I don't think I'll be spending any more money in Denver. Ever.

Old 09-05-2007, 03:18 PM
Dalej
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just read about this in Sept./Oct. Hog Tales, page 6 and 7, it was a good read.

Old 09-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,415 Posts

ORIGINAL: JohnT

ORIGINAL: FLHT

I think this law will fall apart without imposing the same restrictions to every other loud vehicle on the road
Wishful thinking.
Not necessarily. It was a minority group that bitched long enough to get this enforced after all (much like most of our crap laws out there when you think about it!) When you consider that motorcycles aren't the only loud vehicles out there (and not just the big rigs, just about any full size diesel truck is as loud!), it's just a matter of time for someone to add them.

That's what happened in Cave Creek here in Arizona. When they started the noise restriction (I think 80db, something like that), even the signs showed only motorcycles. Enough people complained that it was biased and they ended up changing the law (and signs) saying any vehicle over the sound limit.

Laws like this just continue to show the pu$$ification of America.

Old 09-05-2007, 03:35 PM
billydflnc
Cruiser

DENVER SUCKS !!! I won't be spending any of my MONEY there.... EVER AGAIN !!!!! I don't really dig big cities anyway !!!

Old 09-05-2007, 04:08 PM
SFarace20
Cruiser

I have ridden in Denver several times with no issues, I also have several friends that live and ride there with no issues as well.

Old 09-05-2007, 04:16 PM
Motown_HOG
Road Master

F%ck Denver... This is crazy. I'll just scoot around Denver and avoid spending any money in their city.

Old 09-05-2007, 04:32 PM
hdman1216
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: lsc86

"We the people of the united steralized neutered government controlled states"......

What a joke. Illegal immigrants causing havoc with our medical and school systems, out of control war in the middle east, poverty, natural disaster devastation recovery issues, over crowded prisons full of violent offenders, meth dealers in our high schools and we want to start targeting 'loud pipes' on motorcycles.....oh yeah, I forgot, writing tickets to the working class American is the only way to ensure revenue to our government agencies, fighting crime and solving issues doesn't make them any money....twisted world we live in.
Another IDIOT heard from.
[sm=GrowUp.gif]

Quick Reply: Denver CO Exhaust Crackdown