Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touring Experts - Luggage Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 10:43 PM
serverpimp
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Touring Experts - Luggage Suggestions

All you guys did was confuse me. Too many to choose from. Hopefully I can see a few of these in person before buying one.

Old 09-07-2007, 12:19 AM
Drelkor
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Touring Experts - Luggage Suggestions

Remember that soft bags (like T-bags) are generally easier to take on or off, but are much less secure. In the event you are touring and you and the Mrs. stop to eat where you can't see your bike while you are inside, some lowlife thug can just easily ****** and grab your touring softbags. They are often less water resistant as well. A tourpak, on the other hand, is pretty secure and is very water resistant. Locking your valuables in it gives you much more security (although a good thief will steal anything) and reduces the liklihood that you will need to dry out all your clothing before wearing any of it. Also, you can get a detachable mount for a tourpak that makes it removable quickly as well to ease the on/off of it.I don't think a hard tourpak would look bad on a bike with leather bags either. It's got to look as good on a bike as one with a huge nylon, etc. bag and leather saddlebags. Besides, if you just want it to tour, I'd choose overall functionality first. Then when I get to my destination, I'd just pop it off and lock it in my room and I could look cool while siteseeing

That being said, there are a lot of great looking, functional, and water resistantsoft bags available also. The T-bag line is great, and I even own one that I use on my older Road King. I've also looked at the Kuryakyn line of bags and I really like the looks and construction of them as well. In the event that I can ever decide to buy something to tour for my new Street Glide though, I'm going with a hard tourpak with the detachable rack.

Drel