Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touring Experts - Luggage Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 10:38 PM
jammerx
Stellar HDF Member
Received 333 Likes on 225 Posts
Default RE: Touring Experts - Luggage Suggestions

SELL BIKE BUY A CLASSIC OR AN ULTRA LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-05-2007, 11:23 PM
stu07hd
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another vote for the Kury Full Dresser bag from me. I bought it before I had my Ultra. I loved it. It was easy to get on and off and mounted very solidly to the backrest. I still use it on top of the Ultra luggage rack and have it mounted laying down across the top of the tour pack. It is a bit pricey, but I think it was money well spent.

Old 09-06-2007, 02:48 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I am thinking the same thing. Although the wife andI have not taken longer trips than the saddlebags can handle, I am hoping that will change. My wife really likes the painted saddlebags better, but the custom's leather ones are fine with me. That CVO leather tour pak, with the wrap around backrest (like on the king tour pak) is available in the catalog. I was thinking if I stay with the leather saddlebags, that that pak would go very nicely with it. It isn't as cheap as a bag, but looks great IMO. I will probally end up with some sort of bag, because the wife hates me spending to much money on the bike, but a tour pak is what I really want.[:@]

Old 09-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: PapaTravis

I am thinking the same thing. Although the wife andI have not taken longer trips than the saddlebags can handle, I am hoping that will change. My wife really likes the painted saddlebags better, but the custom's leather ones are fine with me. That CVO leather tour pak, with the wrap around backrest (like on the king tour pak) is available in the catalog. I was thinking if I stay with the leather saddlebags, that that pak would go very nicely with it. It isn't as cheap as a bag, but looks great IMO. I will probally end up with some sort of bag, because the wife hates me spending to much money on the bike, but a tour pak is what I really want.[:@]
That SE tour pak is really nice. I was condering one myself. But a buddy who has an SE Ultra with that tour pak standard has had nothing but problems with his. So far he has lost two locks. One just popped out on it's own while riding. He also has serious alignment issues with it. Sometime it will close easily and sometimes he has to fight to get it closed. Sorry for that kind of money I want alot better quality.

Old 09-06-2007, 04:44 PM
hoz88
Road Master

Yeah, the SE tour pak is great looking, but damn is it overpriced!!!

Old 09-06-2007, 04:48 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

I ended up buying a Nelson Rigg king tour pack from www.cycleluggage.com for $143 total.Good service ,no sales tax and free shipping.

Old 09-06-2007, 04:59 PM
folkxrock
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one question for all the Full Dresser bag fans - is it ever a problem to not be able to stack stuff on top of the bag? I am leaning toward the GranTraveler Bag http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp...ey&ci=3743because I could stack gear (like rain gear and helmets) on top of the bag with a cargo net.
I realize that you could put stuff on top of the Full Dresser bag, but it is limited on room. I would also think the bike would start to get top heavy with gear stacked to the moon. I like to carry the full-face helmet and a half-helmet on long trips.
Also, anyone use the Harley bag inserts with soft or hard bags? I was thinking of getting a set (I think they are about $40) to help the stuff in the side bags stay dry. I have tried plastic bags, but they usually get caught on something after about 1 day then everything falls out. Also, if you happen to stay in a hotel, you look like a hobo walking in (sorry if that offends anyone - the hobo comment or staying in a hotel ).

Old 09-06-2007, 08:16 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: folkxrock

I have one question for all the Full Dresser bag fans - is it ever a problem to not be able to stack stuff on top of the bag? I am leaning toward the GranTraveler Bag http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp...ey&ci=3743because I could stack gear (like rain gear and helmets) on top of the bag with a cargo net.
I realize that you could put stuff on top of the Full Dresser bag, but it is limited on room. I would also think the bike would start to get top heavy with gear stacked to the moon. I like to carry the full-face helmet and a half-helmet on long trips.
Who said it was a problem stacking stuff on top. With the top of the bag fully extended I had two full size beach towels strapped down to the top. With the top collapsed you could fit a helluva lot more than that. And there are a ton of d-rings all over the bag to attach stuff to including helmets.

Here it is in action on my old Street Glide.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Who said it was a problem stacking stuff on top. With the top of the bag fully extended I had two full size beach towels strapped down to the top. With the top collapsed you could fit a helluva lot more than that. And there are a ton of d-rings all over the bag to attach stuff to including helmets.
I gotta agree. The Full Dresser has served me well and is a versatile bag. There are lots of choices and I haven't owned them all, just passing along info on what has worked for me. I think I paid $149.00 at Eastern Prformance.

Old 09-06-2007, 09:38 PM
FLGEEZ
Road Master

We found that the SAC gear leaks in a bad downpour. The bottom was wet at the front and the side pockets leaked at the stitching.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17522/24D6B556C369484C8FDC024854B2064B.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Touring Experts - Luggage Suggestions