Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

An open letter to Corbin....

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 05:01 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: An open letter to Corbin....

While they are firm, they're also outstanding saddles - it's just that their customer service sux donkey gonads. Ah've done SS1000 an' SS1500's with 'em - one of the few saddles that'll let ya do that kinda thing - but the Russell has long been favored even over the Corbin, so.....

Old 09-09-2007, 05:02 PM
2005UltraNC
Road Master

Have a Corbin Dual Tour - have like 2K on it - still firm - not sure it will ever break in (think it's waiting for me to break in). Any case, put two messages on the Corbin web site - asking what I could do. Never heard a word back from them - so, agree, their customer service fell short (at least for me).

Old 09-09-2007, 05:03 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

TexasRedNeck ,,,,,,

Reading this thread leaves me feeling very sad ,,,,,

I first met Mike from Corbin saddles way back about 1984 ,,,,, and knew him when we started going to Sturgis in 1986 and the Harley's would line up one after another in front of his trailer to get a custom seat for their bike ,,,,

same thing was happening when we exhibited at Americade in Lake George and many other rallys, for many, many years ,,,,,

Paul Gomez, who is now one of the chief guys at J&P, was with Mike for years and I watched their company grow ,,,,,,,

just sad to see it now ,,,, as I know that you would never say anything about someone or post the things you are posting now unless they were true ,,,,,

just so sad ,,,,,

Old 09-09-2007, 05:18 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

It IS sad, John...really it is. I take no pleasure in it myself - both as a person AND a business owner. All too often we forget about our customers in our effort to grow - yet we're growing for our customer. You know as well as I do that if we don't "walk the trenches" with our folks from time to time, it's all too easy to end up with trenches fill with c***.

Old 09-09-2007, 06:50 PM
Lost1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Methinks Corbin could take some lessons on customer support from J&M Audio. IMO J&M is as good as it gets...

Old 09-09-2007, 10:15 PM
wyoming55
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I have a Corbin on my Classic, heck I like it, don't remember much about the service when I bought it, been 5 or 6 years, but it must have been good, if it was bad, I'd remeber that.

[/align]

Old 09-09-2007, 10:28 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

Understand something here....a problem doesn't bother me that much - it's what they do when there IS a problem that drives me up a wall. Most times, things will go jest fine - but when they don't, it can be a royal PITA. Had two different Corbin's on mah last Wing - both needed the mount holes for the passenger handles redone because they didn't align properly - kinda disappointed me, but I simply fixed it mahself. When the stitchin' on the 2nd one started failin' after 15-16 months, Corbin said they'd charge me ta repair it. Local leather guy fixed it for me - said they hadn't "tied" the stitchin' properly, an' it wuz basically unravelling....THAT ticked me off.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:00 AM
John R.
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ultimate Seats has the thumbs up from me big time. Had one on a Honda VTX and after about 10 hrs on the seat to break in, it was great. It was made to fit my inseam and weight. Ultimate has a great rep on the VTX board and those ****** are a picky bunch so if he can make those guys happy, I'm sure he will be able to do it for Harley as well.

Just on word of mouth, I'd never buy any Corbin product.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:10 AM
THABULL
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Chicago Spike

Try this guy,
http://ultimateseats.ca/harleytouringFLHTFLTR.html

Des, the owner, is a great guy and will do anything to make a customer happy. He also happens to make extremely comfortable seats.
Another vote here for Ultimate. Don't have 1 on the Harley but had 1 on the VTX. Very comfortable seat ,great customer serv. I have met Des a couple times at a couple of ralleys and he personally installs the seats on customers bikes at these ralleys. No matter how busy he is he is always very approachable and willing to talk to youabout any ?'s you may have.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:54 AM
Travler
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: THABULL

ORIGINAL: Chicago Spike

Try this guy,
http://ultimateseats.ca/harleytouringFLHTFLTR.html

Des, the owner, is a great guy and will do anything to make a customer happy. He also happens to make extremely comfortable seats.
Another vote here for Ultimate. Don't have 1 on the Harley but had 1 on the VTX. Very comfortable seat ,great customer serv. I have met Des a couple times at a couple of ralleys and he personally installs the seats on customers bikes at these ralleys. No matter how busy he is he is always very approachable and willing to talk to youabout any ?'s you may have.
[sm=exactly.gif]

Quick Reply: An open letter to Corbin....