Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

An open letter to Corbin....

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 10:05 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: An open letter to Corbin....

Some years back Corbin was becoming infamous for bad customer service, enough to prompt comments by motorcycle magazines. You would think they would've learned by that adverse publicity.

This reminds me of the rude service I recevied from Works Performance, which I wrote up in gory detail several months ago here and several other forums.

Old 09-05-2007, 10:10 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

ORIGINAL: LowriderFXRS

My brother has a Corbin "dual tour" seat on his Road King that, after an hour, feels like you're sitting on a concrete wall. I wouldn't own one of the damn things.
Corbins are firm, but they are comfortable. 500 or 600 mile days arenot at all unusual for us and the Corbin is the most comfortable long distance seat I have ever ridden.

It is disappointing to hear about TexasRedneck's customer service problems, and I'm going to beREAL interested to hear what Sergio has to say about the situation after reading his previous posts about customer service and giving corbin another try.

Bill

Old 09-05-2007, 10:17 AM
Lost1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Rode a friend's RK a few weeks ago with a Corbin. He was selling it, and after a test ride I understood why. Nice looking seat but it would be nice if theyhad put the padding on top of the brick instead ofunder it.

As mentioned- they either fit you or they don't.
Think I'll just go with an Airhawk on top of my stock seat...

Old 09-05-2007, 11:05 AM
rome304
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lot of vendors have the we got em so we can treat them like sh** attitude.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Indianspringsaz
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I was in the market for a new seat last week. Based on Corbin's rep around here, they were ruled out. I ended up going with a Mustang. There isnt much customer service anymore, but I will stick to my guns. If you have **** service, I will keep my money.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:17 AM
Homebrew101
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

ORIGINAL: LowriderFXRS

My brother has a Corbin "dual tour" seat on his Road King that, after an hour, feels like you're sitting on a concrete wall. I wouldn't own one of the damn things.
I have put over 65,000 miles on my dual tourer and the wife and I have always been comfortable, including 15 hour days. I will buy Corbin again, although I do recall their website was lacking when it came to seeing and understanding the options available.

I wonder if maybe the woman that Texasredneck talked to wasn't actually more of a switchboard operator who also is pressed into handling phone sales when necessary. My guess is that Corbin has a small staff and some may wear more than 1 hat.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Doc
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

3 Harley's and 3 Corbin's

I wouldn't ride with any other seat.

If you put the miles on, Corbin is the only seat to have IMHO...

I even ordered my last Corbin prior to my 07 Ultra being shipped from the factory last fall.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:38 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,352 Likes on 2,532 Posts

well, after talking with sergio, he got me am rma number so i can send my seat in for a 'nose job'. i like the seat, but found the front to be too wide which makes it difficult for my short legs to reach the ground. will post again on this after i get my seat back.

if you've gone to the corbin sight lately, they have dramatically reduced their prices. the classic solo which used to cost 499 is now 339.... if you're fortunate enough to live near the factory, that would be an awesome deal.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:46 AM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Price dropping!! The first sign that their little hissy fit of 2 years ago has not worked out like they thought it would!
They didn't like that other sites were selling Corbin products for less than their corbin.caca site so they pulled all their dealer agreements with sites that wouldn't raise their prices to the exact same price as corbin.caca.
Corbin SUCKS!!

Old 09-05-2007, 02:08 PM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: skratch

they have dramatically reduced their prices. the classic solo which used to cost 499 is now 339.... if you're fortunate enough to live near the factory, that would be an awesome deal.
Maybe it's because Harley redesigned the seats sothey are stuck with alot of stock.

I'm pretty happy with my Sundowner.

Quick Reply: An open letter to Corbin....