Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Road King Custom
33.75%
Street Glide
66.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Road King Custom vs Street Glide ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 12:32 AM
Twohulabears
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road King Custom vs Street Glide ???

After riding a 03 Sportster for a long time we have sold it to my sis. The deal here is that my wife gets to pick which touring bike we buy in January, so she can be comfortable on back. After it is paid off, I get to buy a bike just for me! She has it down to two bikes. The Street Glide and The Road King Custom. She feels that we would get more bike for our money with the SG, but likes the looks of the RK Custom better. From my point of view, I am not sure I would like having the fairing on the SG, doubt I would use the stereo much either, and I know I love the RK Custom's looks! I am leaving this up to her, because I will be happy with either (and I am glad I get to pick the next bike!)
Leslie (my wife) asked me to post this because she would like to hear your opinions. So, please help her out.
Thanks!
John

If you were choosing between these two bikes, which one would you pick and why?

Old 11-23-2005, 12:58 AM
jdag
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Road King Custom vs Street Glide ???

I rented a RK over the summer. Then purchased a Street Glide. Absolutely the right choice for me.

The Street Glide has a look I love (I also love the look of all 3 RK models though). The fairing offers quite a bit more wind protection over a windshield.

And you may be surprised how nice a feature the stereo is. I have a single MP3 CD loaded with about 175 songs.

As for handling and ride, both will be excellent.

Old 11-23-2005, 01:48 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

STREET GLIDE!!!!!

Once you ride the Street Glide on a long trip you will realize how much you love the fairing. The stereo is just an added bonus. Plus the Street Glide is so damn cool. I think your wife will be happier on the glide too. Both are very nice bikes. You can't go wrong with either.

[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 11-23-2005, 01:56 AM
BikerInTheDesert
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm voting for the Street Glide, 'cause that's what I just ordered. But, like everyone says, try 'em both in a test ride. I do love the looks of the RKC, and if I were a rich man, would probably stable one of those as well, but...as a touring bike, I wanted the features with the Glide. Remember, pics of whatever you choose!

Enjoy the ride.

Old 11-23-2005, 03:35 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

cant beat the fairing1

Old 11-23-2005, 05:02 AM
fatguyona1000
Road Captain

I would have to say SG too if those are your two choices. Since your wife/passenger is making the decision, then I guess an aftermarket seat would be your first mod. But definately the Street Glide. I used to think that "batwing" fairing was ugly as sin on bikes (I'm in my early 30's and coming off of sportbikes) and so did most of my friends. But when I drove up on the scene last weekend, I had everybody wanting one. Once you come to appreciate the look, and it shouldn't take long, you will appreciate the SG much more IMO.

Old 11-23-2005, 10:36 AM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I love the looks of BOTH bike, but the SG won me over because the fairing,radio,hard bags,sportier looks,just enough chrome for me.

Did I make the right decision......

HELL YEAH!!!!!

The dealership gave me a RK for a loner while my bike was getting the 1000 mile checkup done.. The RK was nice, but wasn't a SG..No Radio, The windshield that was on it SUCKED.. I got more **** in my eyes even with glasses then I have ever gotten riding a sportbike.

STREETGLIDE all the way!!!!!!![sm=happy046.gif]

Old 11-23-2005, 12:06 PM
mayday
Cruiser

Thats a tuff call......I bought an 05 RK Cust because of the "look" as well as the ride. But I got to tell ya....if the Street Glide had been out at that time.....I just might of went that way. One thing I do love about the RK's is the tank mounted speedometer.....I dont care for the faring mounted gages. But having said all that.....I really thinking about adding an aftermarket fairing to the custom and get the best of all worlds. At the end of the day....I appreciate all the HD models for various reasons.....sure makes it a tuff decision.....but sure is fun to ponder!!

Good luck......your going to love either one.....but you knew that!

Old 11-23-2005, 02:51 PM
cbrunson
Tourer

IMHO, if they would have had the SG when I bought mine, I may have bought a batwing. I chose the RK Classic over the custom for the extras. I want to get hard bags for it though. I did think about buying a EG standard, but no electronic cruise. Does the SG have cruise? The RK custom doesn’t if I remember right.

Old 11-23-2005, 04:50 PM
fatguyona1000
Road Captain

The SG does not come with cruise control.

Quick Reply: Road King Custom vs Street Glide ???