Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SG Tour Pack

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007 | 12:19 PM
udnudn
|
Cruiser
Default SG Tour Pack

Lookin for the following part #'s and overall cost to add to 06 Street Glide, the big wish book got me confused. Anybody done this to an 06 SG?
Fully detachable full size tour pack with quick connect / disconnect speakers (ditto what comes stock on the Ultra). Currently have detachable passenger backrest & rack docking hardware. Think I have the king tour pack figured out, but what about the passenger pad with armrests and speakers? Is there factory wiring for the rear speakers? If so, is it terminated in the fairing or ran under the seat towards the rear?
If this is a reasonable mod, I want to do it, but..........I'm also kickin around the idea of just buying an 06 Ultra and selling the SG. Appreciate any input on the matter.

Old 09-02-2007 | 03:00 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Default RE: SG Tour Pack

If you price out the tour pak, backrest, HD speaker kit, overlay harness, dealer charge to get the HD radio to play rear speakers, etc., you may decide the '06 Ultra is more cost effective. Just go to the HD website and look-up the rear speaker kit and it will tell you what you need.

Hog Tunes sells a rear speaker kit with amp that is less expensive than HD.

Old 09-02-2007 | 03:29 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member

You're in for a sticker shock...
You'll need:
TourPak - Color Matched - Ultra Style
TourPak Detachable Rack
TourPak Quick release hardware
TourPak Quick release locks
TourPak Passanger Pad
TourPak Wiring harness (lighting)
Antenna Relocator
Radio Wiring Harness (Hog Tunes)
Rear Speaker Pods (Hog Tune)
Rear Speaker Amp (Hog Tues)
Re Key TourPak Lock to match
TourPak Mounting hardware
This is most of the things you'll need... And it's NOT CHEAP in any way $1600.00 - $2000.00

Old 09-02-2007 | 03:44 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member

I was thinking of doing almostthe same thing,color matched tour pak w/no lights or speakers.Even with Zannottis discount I was looking at around $1000 +.
So for nowI just bought a Nelson Rigg tour pack for $143.

Old 09-02-2007 | 03:52 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member

I went a little different way and got a std King TourPak from a friend in fair condition.. By the time I prep and re-painted (cost of HD color match paint) all new hardware including hinges & latches and keyed to match lock - Quick release TouPak Rack - Rack TourPak hardware & release locks - TourPak side marker fillers - Pass backrest & Misc nuts and bolts - Had over well $600.00 into it and I did all the work myself...

Old 09-02-2007 | 05:10 PM
udnudn
|
Cruiser

Thanks alot for the replies. I knew it would not be cheap, but was shootin for around $1000 max. I'm still unclear on the rear speakers. What part of the tour pack do the housings mount or what do they mount to? I've got Hog Tunes up front but when you say Hog Tunes rear speaker kit, is that the housing & speaker or just the guts like up front? Reckon I could look at the PEZ website to find that out.
pingman - dealer charge to get the radio to play rear speakers??? That makes no sense to me. The stock radio I thought was the same unit no matter what scooter - SG, Ultra, etc. Anyone have more input on the wire harness from the radio for rear speakers? Do not need lighting on the tour pack.
Anybody else wanna chime in - have at it, or better yet who wants to trade 06 Ultra for 06 SG!!!! LOL

Old 09-02-2007 | 05:23 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member

The STOCK UNIT (Radio) on a Street Glide an the Road Glide... NOT THE SAME AS THE ULTRA -

Hog Tunes is the better & cheaper way to go for rear speaker kit (see there web page)

Lighting on the rear of the pack... No - look at the KING TOURPAK (no rear lighting $675.00 for the pak alone)

Old 09-02-2007 | 05:53 PM
udnudn
|
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: SoCal_Pappy

The STOCK UNIT (Radio) on a Street Glide an the Road Glide... NOT THE SAME AS THE ULTRA -

Hog Tunes is the better & cheaper way to go for rear speaker kit (see there web page)

Lighting on the rear of the pack... No - look at the KING TOURPAK (no rear lighting $675.00 for the pak alone)
Dammit, what'd they do that for. Thanks brother, I'll check Hog Tunes for the rear speaker deal. Man I'd look at an 07 Ultra if weren't for the tranny cling, clang, clatter, IDS stuff, heat issue, & EPA crap. Done been there with mine on the lean/hot deal and got it squared away and runnin great. Tryin not to start over again if you know what I mean.

Old 09-02-2007 | 10:52 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

The HD rear speaker kit requires the additional purchase of a wiring harness from the rear speakers (which will include passenger controls, not just wiring for the speakers) to the radio.

The HD HK radio is the same, but the ones on non-Ultras require a flash from the dealer's digital technician to tell the ECM to tell the radio it now has rear speakers.

Old 09-03-2007 | 06:51 AM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member

I have a set of Hogtune speakers and new rear Hogtune pods for sale. PM meif interested. The speaker and pods are different than the SE leather tourpack so I couldn't use them.

Quick Reply: SG Tour Pack