Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery/starter/comp?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2024, 09:15 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,206 Likes on 4,410 Posts

Originally Posted by gt06
So I'm assuming the compression release is shown as automatic... am I reading it correctly?..

Which PowerVision tuner do your have?

I have a full service PowerVision tuner and have never seen a file say "read only".

Apparently you do not have the option of turning the compression release on and off....

Luckily, your active compression release is turned on in that tune...

Old 09-21-2024, 09:36 PM
gt06
Tourer
Received 76 Likes on 43 Posts

I have the original PV. Bear in mind that is just the app and the tuner is not connected to the laptop. I just wanted to search the info to see where it was. I can check the box I believe for the compression release. I just wasn’t sure if I should. I’m not experienced enough to make that call however I’m thinking now that what the heck , I can always reload that tune again right.

Old 09-21-2024, 10:57 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member

I have the original PV. Bear in mind that is just the app and the tuner is not connected to the laptop. I just wanted to search the info to see where it was. I can check the box I believe for the compression release. I just wasn’t sure if I should. I’m not experienced enough to make that call however I’m thinking now that what the heck , I can always reload that tune again right.

OK, you're totally out of my area of understanding....

I know nothing about "apps", I have none, zero on my phone, and I only use the tuner attached to the bike for flashing tunes, data logging, auto tuning, and quick tunes. Any other tables I touch are done in WinPv on my laptop....

For that reason, I'll have to bow out at this point...

I have no idea how, or where, you are seeing that screen if it's not on a laptop, so I can't offer any intelligent advice.

Most other people probably understand what you are seeing, where, and what you want to do.... so I will leave it to them to offer valid advice..

Good luck with your tune..

Old 09-21-2024, 11:26 PM
gt06
Tourer

Originally Posted by hattitude
OK, you're totally out of my area of understanding....

I know nothing about "apps", I have none, zero on my phone, and I only use the tuner attached to the bike for flashing tunes, data logging, auto tuning, and quick tunes. Any other tables I touch are done in WinPv on my laptop....

For that reason, I'll have to bow out at this point...

I have no idea how, or where, you are seeing that screen if it's not on a laptop, so I can't offer any intelligent advice.

Most other people probably understand what you are seeing, where, and what you want to do.... so I will leave it to them to offer valid advice..

Good luck with your tune..
perhaps I’m confusing the whole thing. Like I said earlier this is all new to me. What you are seeing is on the laptop with the WinPV app opened but without the tuner attached to the laptop. Thanks for your help just the same. I appreciate all advise.

The following users liked this post:
hattitude (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:01 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member

perhaps I’m confusing the whole thing. Like I said earlier this is all new to me. What you are seeing is on the laptop with the WinPV app opened but without the tuner attached to the laptop. Thanks for your help just the same. I appreciate all advise.

Oh... my bad, I thought you were doing this on your phone... something I just don't do with anything, nor have I any experience with.

Apparently the "read only" is because there is no tuner attached. Funny, I never opened a tune in WinPV without a tuner attached before. I learned something new...

IMHO, if that is the tune you are using on your bike, it shows the Auto Compression Release is turned "on". So unless your wires/connectors to the compression release(s), or the compression release(s) themselves have an issue, your starting issue is from some other source..

Last edited by hattitude; Yesterday at 09:04 AM.
Old Yesterday, 09:13 AM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 370 Likes on 235 Posts

Let's see a pic of your timing tables

Old Yesterday, 10:40 AM
Taxgod4u
Road Warrior
Received 1,306 Likes on 594 Posts

Start with the no cost test or reverting the program back to stock. If still a problem reload program and look at battery and stater systems.

Old Yesterday, 01:58 PM
gt06
Tourer

Originally Posted by hattitude
Oh... my bad, I thought you were doing this on your phone... something I just don't do with anything, nor have I any experience with.

Apparently the "read only" is because there is no tuner attached. Funny, I never opened a tune in WinPV without a tuner attached before. I learned something new...

IMHO, if that is the tune you are using on your bike, it shows the Auto Compression Release is turned "on". So unless your wires/connectors to the compression release(s), or the compression release(s) themselves have an issue, your starting issue is from some other source..
It’s strange that I reloaded the original reading ( no tune back to stock ) back in the bike and the starting issue went away. I sent an email to the Dynojet rep that helped me on Friday referring to the issue I’m having with that particular tune so I hope he gets back to me on Monday because that tune made the bike run soother and better with the exception of the starting issue. The battery tested exceptionally good considering the age of it. I stopped at 2 places on my way to the dealer on Saturday to have it tested and all 3 places said the battery was good. The dealer being the last place and the parts dude that I know there, originally said most likely the battery is the issue due to its age because the part number on the battery isn’t even in the Harley system any more. He was surprised when the service guy came out and said it was all good.

The following 2 users liked this post by gt06:
hattitude (Yesterday), WP50 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 02:53 PM
WP50
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,865 Likes on 1,263 Posts

With all you have tried and done it sure points to the tune.
When you started this mine and others first thought was the battery.
Bad battery's don't always test Bad but having it done at 3 places and all saying it's good Damn.OK LOL
Didn't reread but didn't you mention you tried a known good battery ??

Dynojet as a rule has good customer service.
Sure hope they can help ya

Good Luck WP

The following users liked this post:
hattitude (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 06:21 PM
gt06
Tourer

Originally Posted by WP50
With all you have tried and done it sure points to the tune.
When you started this mine and others first thought was the battery.
Bad battery's don't always test Bad but having it done at 3 places and all saying it's good Damn.OK LOL
Didn't reread but didn't you mention you tried a known good battery ??

Dynojet as a rule has good customer service.
Sure hope they can help ya

Good Luck WP

Thanks. No I didn’t try a know good battery. Didn’t want to spend a couple hundred if I didn’t have to. Hopefully the Dynojet rep might be able to offer up some advise in what I might be doing wrong.