Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Memphis Shades Customer Service and New Bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2024, 11:51 AM
aharleyrider
Advanced
Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by RKZen
I totally get what you're saying. And some "detached" batwings are a PITA to get on and off. Some are just as easy to get on and off as the windshield. The Dead Center Cycles batwing I have is just as easy to get on and off...like this here.

But then again, many like the RK for its versatility. Load it up like a touring dresser or strip it down and ride it like a cruiser, kind of like having several bikes in one. Not saying the SG/RG are not any good, they're great bikes. And when I was choosing, it was between the SG and RK.
That's the most impressive attach/detach system that I've seen yet. I certainly understand the appeal of the RK's versatility, I had considered one for this very reason. I have no issue running only a windshield while touring, and going naked while I'm around home. I ended up going with the RG because the nav and speakers are a nice luxury (not necessity) on those 5,000+ mile trips.

The one concern I've always had with aftermarket fairings is how they affect stability at highway speeds. Harley tests their bikes in wind tunnels/etc; do these companies do the same? I'd be concerned about compromising stability and handling, but a lot of people seem to run aftermarket fairings without issue (I tried it long ago on a Heritage), so perhaps I'm overthinking it.

Old 08-15-2024, 12:49 PM
NEWROADSTER
HDF Community Team
Received 493 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by aharleyrider
That's the most impressive attach/detach system that I've seen yet. I certainly understand the appeal of the RK's versatility, I had considered one for this very reason. I have no issue running only a windshield while touring, and going naked while I'm around home. I ended up going with the RG because the nav and speakers are a nice luxury (not necessity) on those 5,000+ mile trips.

The one concern I've always had with aftermarket fairings is how they affect stability at highway speeds. Harley tests their bikes in wind tunnels/etc; do these companies do the same? I'd be concerned about compromising stability and handling, but a lot of people seem to run aftermarket fairings without issue (I tried it long ago on a Heritage), so perhaps I'm overthinking it.
I will sure let everyone know. If the fitment is good, I will order a couple of windshields and put it to the test from 75mph to 100mph!

The following users liked this post:
aharleyrider (08-15-2024)