Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance and Hines Power Duals

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2024, 09:38 PM
MotoJockey
Grand HDF Member

Received 3,256 Likes on 1,337 Posts

If you get to the point where you're super pissed off at working on these headers, I have a full set that I took off recently when I replaced mine after a rebuild on my 14 SGS. Totally non cat. I'm sure we could work out something. I think I still have the original shipping box as well, but I'm on day 53 of 60 on a cross country ride and won't be home till next Sunday to look at all the stuff I have.

Just a thought.......

Old 08-11-2024, 10:09 PM
gt06
Tourer
Received 71 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by MotoJockey
If you get to the point where you're super pissed off at working on these headers, I have a full set that I took off recently when I replaced mine after a rebuild on my 14 SGS. Totally non cat. I'm sure we could work out something. I think I still have the original shipping box as well, but I'm on day 53 of 60 on a cross country ride and won't be home till next Sunday to look at all the stuff I have.

Just a thought.......
Thanks so much for the offer but I live in Ontario Canada, so I believe it would be cost prohibitive after the dollar conversion and shipping cost, etc. Safe travels.

Old 08-11-2024, 10:15 PM
MotoJockey
Grand HDF Member

Received 3,256 Likes on 1,337 Posts

Gotcha........ didn't see your location listed so didn't know. I agree, not cost friendly at all.
Good luck with the fix!

Old 08-12-2024, 09:04 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,175 Likes on 4,387 Posts

I'm not sure if Vance & Hines got a visit from the EPA and/or CARB, or if they just wanted to stay ahead of the EPA, and still sell exhausts in California and stay in front of CARB...

Several years ago, I went to replace an old, worn out Vance & Hines exhaust on my 2003 Heritage. I had to search for awhile to find the "old" model number exhaust like I previously had. All the new Vance & Hines exhausts had their "PCX (Power Chamber Exhaust) Technology" which is a "Chambered High-Flow Catalyst Cartridge Designed to Increase Torque".

Not sure the year, but they added this "feature" to all their exhaust systems. Even their "Big Radius 2 into 2" exhausts have it....

Old 08-12-2024, 09:39 AM
rigidthumper
Stellar HDF Member

Received 6,464 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Their "high flow cat cartridge" kills power.

The following 2 users liked this post by rigidthumper:
benscratchin (08-12-2024), hattitude (08-12-2024)
Old 08-12-2024, 10:23 AM
aharleyrider
Advanced
Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

Don't forget a tune when it's all said and done, and definitely don't leave any cat scraps in the exhaust!

The following users liked this post:
rigidthumper (08-12-2024)
Old 08-12-2024, 10:45 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,175 Likes on 4,387 Posts

Originally Posted by rigidthumper

Thanks for that graph.....

I wouldn't have thought it made that big of a difference...

The following users liked this post:
MotoJockey (08-12-2024)
Old 08-12-2024, 03:50 PM
gt06
Tourer

Got the 3rd cat out this afternoon. Wasn't to bad. Had to remove the short crossover pipe under the frame and put it in the bench vise to drill it out. Just trying to decide if I want to re install these baffles! They were the biggest pain to get out. I put some anti seize on the bottom end of the baffle where it goes over the inner pipe in the muffler and only pushed it about 1/4" in because I wanted to see how hard it would be to remove so even though they weren't anywhere near fully seated I struggled to get it back out!! Yes my bench is a mess. I need to fully clean the garage!! Oh an I did clean up the inside of the pipes where the cats were, just didn't take a photo.

Before sanding the inside

Inside the muffler where the baffle slips over the inner pipe

Old 08-12-2024, 03:52 PM
gt06
Tourer

Originally Posted by rigidthumper
I'm not familiar with the dyno chart but does it represent a gain after the removal of the cats?

Old 08-12-2024, 04:02 PM
gt06
Tourer

Originally Posted by hattitude
I'm not sure if Vance & Hines got a visit from the EPA and/or CARB, or if they just wanted to stay ahead of the EPA, and still sell exhausts in California and stay in front of CARB...

Several years ago, I went to replace an old, worn out Vance & Hines exhaust on my 2003 Heritage. I had to search for awhile to find the "old" model number exhaust like I previously had. All the new Vance & Hines exhausts had their "PCX (Power Chamber Exhaust) Technology" which is a "Chambered High-Flow Catalyst Cartridge Designed to Increase Torque".

Not sure the year, but they added this "feature" to all their exhaust systems. Even their "Big Radius 2 into 2" exhausts have it....

I had the big radius pipes installed at the dealer before I picked up my Heritage new in 2006 and there are no cats in those pipes.

Quick Reply: Vance and Hines Power Duals