Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Starting to think about selling.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2024, 08:55 AM
hd4evr2008
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,904 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by C908
Well guys I've been around here a long time, not so much lately. Bought my 2010 Ultra Classic new, currently 46,000 miles. As I get closer to turning 70 in a few months starting to wonder if it's time. At the same time I love the way I have it set up , C&C low profile seat, 12 1/2 Chubby bars, low profile Progressive shocks, Stage 1 and tour pack removed. I don't know what the bike is worth but it would have to bring top dollar before I would sell it. Looking back I wish I would have bought a Heritage Classic because of my size 5'6 and 151 lbs.At my age the Ultra just feels like more weight than I want to handle. It was nice back when I use to do road trips.
Well, I just turned 73 last month, and I have a 2006 Electra Glide with 37,000 miles on it. I thought about selling it and getting something smaller, but man I just cannot give up the tour pack and the bags! They are so handy for everything. I no longer tour, my longest ride would be less than 100 miles, but the storage and radio on my bike make it worth keeping. It's so handy just running errands with. I remember having a Super Glide and had to leave it at home in the garage most of the time, because every time I went to go for a ride, I would want to stop somewhere and pick up something, and couldn't because I had no place to put it on the bike. I ended up just taking the car. Baggers are not just for touring, they're great all around motorcycles. You're not going to get anywhere near the value of your bike by selling it. I'm just going to keep mine, and I think you should too, until you can no longer ride.

Last edited by hd4evr2008; 08-03-2024 at 08:57 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Rounders (08-03-2024)
Old 08-03-2024, 09:07 AM
Rounders
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,251 Likes on 1,782 Posts

Originally Posted by hd4evr2008
Well, I just turned 73 last month, and I have a 2006 Electra Glide with 37,000 miles on it. I thought about selling it and getting something smaller, but man I just cannot give up the tour pack and the bags! They are so handy for everything. I no longer tour, my longest ride would be less than 100 miles, but the storage and radio on my bike make it worth keeping. It's so handy just running errands with. I remember having a Super Glide and had to leave it at home in the garage most of the time, because every time I went to go for a ride, I would want to stop somewhere and pick up something, and couldn't because I had no place to put it on the bike. I ended up just taking the car. Baggers are not just for touring, they're great all around motorcycles. You're not going to get anywhere near the value of your bike by selling it. I'm just going to keep mine, and I think you should too, until you can no longer ride.
Agree with all of it. I think about getting a fun little bike, but would never ride it

I took your pack off a bike because of different seats. Now it is just a local bR hopper, when I am alone. But still PIA for taking home leftovers

Old 08-03-2024, 12:08 PM
tdrglide
Road Captain
Received 298 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by hd4evr2008
Nobody is saying to lose the bags. They need to stay, but my tour pack has been hanging on the wall for about two years now. If you want to tour, a nice travel bag against the passenger back rest works great for me. The tour pack is for 2-up only

Old 08-03-2024, 01:17 PM
hd4evr2008
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,904 Likes on 861 Posts

I beg to differ. I use my tour pack way more than I use the saddlebags! You can put a ton of stuff in a tour pack that will not fit in a saddlebag. If I had to give one up, it would be the saddlebags. Tour pack can hold groceries, helmets, jackets, and so much more than a saddlebag. Try putting a 3/4, or full face helmet in your saddlebag.

The following users liked this post:
Rounders (08-03-2024)
Old 08-03-2024, 08:26 PM
Rounders
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,251 Likes on 1,782 Posts

Agree tour pack is so much better. Good height.

If you own a tour pack, and ride without it, with a passenger, you must hate your OL.

We rode cross country, but once she got a tour pack, didn't want to go back to backrest.

I think many Harley riders hate women. Huge rider seat, and tiny hard passenger seat.