Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thunder max installed....

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007 | 08:24 PM
shortleg
|
Tourer
Default Thunder max installed....

Well installed my Thunder max today and all I
can say is DAMN WHAT A DIFFERANCE!!!!!.
It poped a few times during my first ride ,but it
got less and less as I rode.
I think I can feel better Tq and Hp.The first thing
that I know is better is the gas mileage.For the first time
since I got my 07 SG I got 40 miles to a gallon of gas.
It was a piece of cake to install and have friends that are
computer geeks so that part was easy too.
Now this winter when I go to 103 kit it will be worth it.

Shortleg[Dave]

Old 08-31-2007 | 08:35 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: Thunder max installed....

Yup, it's a good thang!

Old 08-31-2007 | 08:53 PM
rollover
Road Captain

Took mine out today for the first time since the install and have to agree about the difference. This is how the bike should run. Smooth as silk. Mine didn't pop or ping even once. Pulls much better. Really nice to know the bike is running as it should and that the AFR is right. Anyone debating on buying one or trying to justify the cost, it is well worth it.

Old 08-31-2007 | 10:31 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member

I'm loving mine. My map is really close as it runs so smooth too. I do think it may be a tad rich though. I'm putting her on a dyno tomorrow to check it out. Mostly because I want to see what my new setup is making # wise. I'll post the results here.

Old 09-01-2007 | 12:31 AM
sleepyjim
Cruiser

Got mine installed 2 days ago, was and am dam impressed by it and dam happy I bought it, went riding all night and it started to pop on decel and such, I freaked, slapped the wife, kick the dog, shook the fish. Went riding yesterday, all got better, 1 time of pop, great power and response.

What I also found out was I rode all night sevreral hours, I needed to stop and shut off bike after like 30 mins or so and then restart and continue. Also the dealer loaded wrong map, i gotta check it.

But dam if it runs this good with me not doing the multi 30 min thing and the dealer listing stock mufflers on the map, I cant wait to see how this improves........

Best money Ive spent in awhile.

sj

Old 09-01-2007 | 04:13 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

Yep me too, rode for an hour or so last night, little nervous at first, still a little pop but what a difference. The one thing I did notice is that it sounds much better. However I will have to get used to the lack of motor shake. Will get it tuned anddynoed at Biketoberfestby Tmax guys.

Old 09-01-2007 | 09:52 AM
NCCopBikeRider
Road Warrior

May I be so bold as to ask what the total install cost?

Thanks

Ride Em Carry Em

Old 09-01-2007 | 07:05 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

Less the batery I killed, the two crows feet o2 sensor sockets and my time = $20. Suggest you read the instructions that you can print out carefully, also search and read install threads.

Old 09-01-2007 | 07:37 PM
LBussy
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: masterblaster

Will get it tuned anddynoed at Biketoberfestby Tmax guys.
I'm not picking on you ... I promise. I've just read a lot of these threads and this always makes me curious so I figgured I would ask this time:

If this is a closed-loop, self tuning system, why would you have it tuned? Why would you think it needed it? If I spent $700 for a replacement closed-loop system and someone tried to sell me a tune, I'd slap them with a trout.

Old 09-01-2007 | 07:52 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Abnmarine

I'm loving mine. My map is really close as it runs so smooth too. I do think it may be a tad rich though. I'm putting her on a dyno tomorrow to check it out. Mostly because I want to see what my new setup is making # wise. I'll post the results here.
Mine's dialed in nicely with my 107" using a SE breather, but I would like to ask if that breather you have on your bike is an Eliminator Hi Flowby HP Inc. I just bought one but gotta machine the backing plate for the o'ringed spacers to fit with my R&R heads. Planning on doing that tommorrow. If yours is an Eliminator, what T/B and Heads are you using. Would like to know how you fit yours ABN?

Quick Reply: Thunder max installed....