Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crazy anyone price a rear brake job on a Touring bike lately?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2024, 10:36 AM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,644 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by golfblues
I don't know what you're talking about. Why would you assume that I don't clean the grit and grime out? I do it properly with brake cleaner. Anti sieze on the pin. Anti squeal on the pad back. I've never used soap and water method. A brush works.
I assumed that because you said you finished the job in 20 minutes. That seems very fast to me, especially when one cleans around the caliper pistons. My mistake.

Old 07-19-2024, 11:07 AM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 30,773 Likes on 11,577 Posts

There is no such thing as a less than 1 hour dealer service, unless the task is added to another service. The labor charged from the mechanic picking up the job slip at the service desk, until the bike is returned and the job slip completed. Multiply that times your dealer labor rate…and there ya go. Whst does **** me off, is when they chsrge full labor rate for lower skill tasks like oil changes. I just spent $450 for my annual service…basically oil change…on my Yammy outboard boat motor. Yeah, they check other stuff too…but dang.

oh and my local Jaguar dealer charges $300 per hour, and the shitty attitude is free. I did find a local Indy for only $210.

Old 07-19-2024, 12:11 PM
Germansheperd
Road Warrior
Received 878 Likes on 515 Posts

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
There is no such thing as a less than 1 hour dealer service, unless the task is added to another service. The labor charged from the mechanic picking up the job slip at the service desk, until the bike is returned and the job slip completed. Multiply that times your dealer labor rate…and there ya go. Whst does **** me off, is when they chsrge full labor rate for lower skill tasks like oil changes. I just spent $450 for my annual service…basically oil change…on my Yammy outboard boat motor. Yeah, they check other stuff too…but dang.

oh and my local Jaguar dealer charges $300 per hour, and the shitty attitude is free. I did find a local Indy for only $210.
aren’t the majority of the Jag engines still Ford or Ford derivatives?