Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

thinking of trading o7 RG

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007 | 09:31 AM
vailtl
|
Cruiser
Default thinking of trading o7 RG

I have this in the general chat section thought I would repost here.

I was thinking of trading my 07 roadglide.
I would remove the trunk and turn it back to stock.
Plus trade in my 2000 wide glide or put it on consignment.

For a new 08 roadglide same color as mine.
Am I nuts? I have 10,000 mi on the RG and 11,000 on
the WG.
Oh both are paid off.

Old 08-31-2007 | 09:40 AM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: thinking of trading o7 RG

I traded my 07 back in and my dealer allowed me back 90% of my purchase price on a new bike, I would sell the WG and only trade in the RG on the new one.

Old 08-31-2007 | 09:49 AM
rocksandgiz
Road Captain

If it didn't cost to much it would be cool. sounds like gunrunner got a good deal. wishI would get a good deal around here.

Old 08-31-2007 | 10:18 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member

Yes, I would think ... You're NUTS...
There isn't that much of a differance from the '07 to '08??? And 10k on is nothing -

Old 08-31-2007 | 10:37 AM
willett58
Cruiser

Keep the 07. Hate to pay sales tax twice and lose money on the trade in. Like some else stated there is not much difference - JMHO

Old 08-31-2007 | 10:39 AM
hoz88
Road Master

To me the black and chrome engine is a big plus to the 08. Not much else though.

Old 08-31-2007 | 10:43 AM
Blues Guy
Cruiser

Oh both are paid off.
Compelling reason to not trade...

Old 08-31-2007 | 11:03 AM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: hoz88

To me the black and chrome engine is a big plus to the 08. Not much else though.
A lot more new than just paint and motor color to a 08. Bigger tank, IDS, changes to gauges now show how many miles till empty, new seats, better cruise system, Brembo brakes w/ optional abs and these changes to motor and tranny.
I posted this awhile back from another member;
Got the 2008 touring model catalog in my hands and quickly went through a comparison of engine/gearbox components with the 2007 touring models. Some of the changes are hidden deep in certain components.

Engine [ul][*]front head (new front motor mount)[*]crank bearing[*]cams[*]induction module (new fly by wire system)[*]Stator assembly[*]new ECM etc (new fly by wire system)[*]crank shaft position sensor[*]Starter assembly[*]starter clutch subassembly[/ul]
Gearbox [ul][*]clutch cable[*]transmission assembly[*]transmission case subassembly[*]lock rings 11081 A[*]Inner primary bearing inner race[*]Input shaft[/ul]
It appears to me that the MoFoCo addressed the major issues with the 07 drivetrain in a sneaky way.

Cams to deal with the pinging and likely the overheating, the starter to address premature failures and maybe the noise and my absolute favorite , new transmission assembly with new case, input shaft bearings and a few other minor things to deal with the non existing 07 transmission problem.

Old 08-31-2007 | 11:20 AM
hoz88
Road Master

My bad, gunrunner - I meant the bigger tank and some of the other stuff is not as important to me as the black engine change. After reading some of the other stuff I didn't know about (not really interested in trading now, so I haven't done a lot of research) there are definately some big advantages to the 08. That's some good info - thanks!

Old 08-31-2007 | 12:21 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: hoz88

My bad, gunrunner - I meant the bigger tank and some of the other stuff is not as important to me as the black engine change. After reading some of the other stuff I didn't know about (not really interested in trading now, so I haven't done a lot of research) there are definately some big advantages to the 08. That's some good info - thanks!
If I had your scoot, I wouldnt have been interested in trading either. Awesome looking scoot, but it makes my billfold hurt just looking at it

Quick Reply: thinking of trading o7 RG