Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tmax failing part II

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 05:14 PM
creep1
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tmax failing part II

Ok - posted a while back my tmax failing. Brought it back to the installer and was told the map dropped out. He remapped it and said it was good to go. Well I dont see an improvement. In your guys opinion do you think the tuner is incapable, or the unit is bad ?? Also on another note I talked to another tuner and he said that leaving the stock ecm in and piggybacking with a powercommander is the only way to go(better than a tmax). The reason I went with the tmax is b/c of all the positive info I researched on it. I believe in the product but maybe my tuner is fumbling the ball. This isnt the first tmax he did, but if no one in my area is capable of tuning the tmax I might be forced to go with a race tuner or power commander and ebay the tmax.

Old 08-30-2007, 05:17 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Tmax failing part II

I don't think I understand what actually happend to your TMax.

It is possible that you have one that is bad. It happnes to all electronics from time to time.Forget the dealer. Call Zippers directly. They will make it right for ya!

No a stock ECM and PCIII is NOT better than a TMax.

Calll Zippers.

www.zippersperformance.com

Old 08-30-2007, 05:21 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm having trouble understanding how your "tuner" can say it is "fixed' and runs fine, but in actuality it runs like crap for you. Two things, get rid of this "tuner" and call Randy and let him know what's going on with your TMax, maybe they will send you another unit under warranty. Also, can you verify that your 02 sensors(both of them) are actually working correctly?

Old 08-30-2007, 05:25 PM
creep1
Road Captain

After the initial start up the bike runs perfect - TILL you ride it for a half hour or so then it starts to fail, which leads me to think its a heat issue. Rear cylinder heating up the unit. Yeah i guess its possible for the unit to be bad. is randy from zippers?

Old 08-30-2007, 05:29 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: creep1

After the initial start up the bike runs perfect - TILL you ride it for a half hour or so then it starts to fail, which leads me to think its a heat issue. Rear cylinder heating up the unit. Yeah i guess its possible for the unit to be bad. is randy from zippers?
Yes, Randy is a Zipper employee.

Is there a way you can hook it up to your computer and watch the AFR monitor within the TMax program on both front and rear cylinders to see what is going on?

Old 08-30-2007, 05:33 PM
creep1
Road Captain

I didnt do the install, the dealer stil has the software

Old 08-30-2007, 05:36 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

I didnt do the install, I only have the software.
So you don't have the cable to hook it up to a laptop or PC? You should, as this comes with the TMax.....even though you didn't install it. You need to get the cable(s) so you can plug into the TMax and see the numbers for yourself, or find a tuner you can get some real answers from. One that tells you a PCIII w/stock ECM is better than the TMax has been eating paint chips.[sm=alcoholic.gif]

Old 08-30-2007, 05:47 PM
creep1
Road Captain

I ordered the tmax from my local performance shop and when it came in they did the install. When the bike was completeed I didnt even think to get the cable . What else is mine, a disk?

Old 08-30-2007, 06:01 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

I ordered the tmax from my local performance shop and when it came in they did the install. When the bike was completeed I didnt even think to get the cable . What else is mine, a disk?
Cable and disk(software) is all that comes with the (2) 02 sensors and TMax in one box. If your computer doesn't have a com port, then a USB to com port adapter is needed but this is something you will have to buy. Let me know and I will post the EXACT usb to comport cable that you can pick up at BestBuy, as I wouldn't think of using one from Radio Shack as these seem to have issues with this program.

If you get the cables, you could link up the TMax to your computer, start the engine and watch the numbers for many variables and see if your TMax is operating correctly. This way you'd have some in-hand "evidence" and ask specific questions. We'd walk youthrough it if that what it takes.

Old 08-30-2007, 06:15 PM
BlackMarshmallow
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[One that tells you a PCIII w/stock ECM is better than the TMax has been eating paint chips]

LMAO!! That's the funniest thing I've heard all day!! And I've been listening to Officers!![:@]

k

Quick Reply: Tmax failing part II