Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tmax failing part II

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 01:07 PM
sugarbear
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tmax failing part II

You don'thave to get the disk from your installer you can download the software from zippers site

Old 08-31-2007, 04:24 PM
BOARGAURD
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Phil, there is an adjustment on the IAC. I have had the same problems "like a carb bike on cold startups" I have done the IAC-auto and manully adjusted that number between 79 and 100 degrees. It has improved over the last two days and doesn't lean out as much about 20 secs into the inital start like it did.

Old 08-31-2007, 04:44 PM
bigdaddy64
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just installed a Tmax on my '07 SG. Take your time, read the directions over and over. (I left the directions in the bathroom for a week.) Make sure you have selected the correct map, etc. Mine runs like ascalded dog even with a stock aircleaner

Old 08-31-2007, 09:07 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Just finished intitial tuning ride with the Tmax, 50 miles, neighborhoods, highway up to 80. The install was a PIA, read above, in addition to that the Vista OS screwed me up, had to download the updates into the public folder instead of the auto function, had to go back and reload the map. Bike would not turn over, Tech found problem, near dead battery ( on a 8 month old bike), run to HD get battery and trikle charger, had to reload again after changing battery.Well its about 110 in my garage, intitialization and intital tune at idle was pretty hot. It was more than worth it so far, bike sounds better, feels like more torque, more HP. Will have to wait for the A$$ thermo to see if any heat redduction on next commute into work. Shooter64 Thanks for the equipment, I highly reccommend Shooter. Randy from Tmaxwas great.

Old 09-01-2007, 12:37 AM
sleepyjim
Cruiser

My issues have cleared up and I am happy as poo now and I dont think the Tmax has the right map in it, gotta check, seems the dealer listed stock mufflers on mine, and they cant remember what number map they used.

Also adding to my pops was me riding a long time at one shot and not stopping 30 mins turn off bike and then restart, seems the Tmax tells us to do this so the tuner will tune, I like above negelcted to read this important point.......(Gotta move my directions to the bathroom).

sj

Old 09-01-2007, 11:43 PM
creep1
Road Captain

Sleepy jim- whats the tuning procedure? 30 minutes ride then stop? how many times?

Old 09-02-2007, 12:15 AM
sleepyjim
Cruiser

Yeah. each ignition/start on till ignition off/stop(use kill switch) is 1 session, a session can be 30 mins (good learning time) or a tank of gas. Remember the session learn percent is set in the map and can be adjusted from 5% learn to I think 50%, but 20 % is max they suggest, so for each session your Tmax is learning 5% of the map paramaters (spelled right? LOL) so I was riding by the tank and thus getting one learning, now I went to 30 mins and stop, shut off, scratch my nuts and restart and go, the Tmax has responded great, I dont get any popping, performance is better and better, I am total happy with tmax now, and admit I was worried as hell witht he popping..........

So ride 30 mins, shut down ride on.......

Oh and I adjusted my session learn percent to 20%.

SJ

Old 09-02-2007, 01:22 AM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Keep me posted I have a TMax that I had trouble with so I pulled the unit. 07 SG with Rinehart True Duals. It just did not want to tune between 2000 and 2300 RPMs. Stumbled sputtered and popped.

Old 09-02-2007, 02:55 AM
drdiesel1
Road Captain

My concern would be if someone else installed it...Did they put it in a location to cause heat-soak problems.????
My DTT replaced my OEM ECM in the same location and I have had ZERO problems with it.
This thing is so trick, I just made some 500, 750, 1000, 1250 and 1500 RPM adjustments and it launches hard.

Old 09-02-2007, 10:30 AM
creep1
Road Captain

sleepyjim- maybe after my second remap I didnt follow the ride 30 then shut down procedure. then again my tuner never told me to do that.

Quick Reply: Tmax failing part II