Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tmax failing part II

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 06:43 PM
creep1
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tmax failing part II

ok- I still have to get back the disk software. Then go from there. I shouldve got the disk back in the first place anyway. Im hoping for the best case scenario, the unit being bad and my tuner is capable.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:37 PM
creep1
Road Captain

Just curious am i the first one on here with tmax problems ??

Old 08-30-2007, 08:38 PM
DAVETHEBUILDER
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm having some trouble with my tmax also, it seems to run worse after I ride not better, Below 2500 rpm's it runs real rough. My bike ran alot smoother with the pciii, but it runs alot stronger now above 3000 rpm's

Old 08-30-2007, 08:51 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Put mine on today, took 8 freaking hours, the darn rear o2 sensor killed me, had to go buy the o2 socket, not smart enough the crows foot socketeverybody recommended so had to do anotehr trip. had to cut out the theOEM ECU as the backing nut was spinning in themount. Finally get everything ready and find that my new laptop is a female connection so I have to get the USB connector tomorrow. Also had problems loading the software due to the Vista program not supporting this version of software ( called tech support and they talked me through it, good support). finished too late to be racing the bike enginein the grage during dial in so have to wait til tomorrow, will miss a rideI was planning though. Oh well its fun learning (except for that damned rear o2 sensor).

Old 08-30-2007, 09:10 PM
creep1
Road Captain

Dave- thats what im experiencing as well. Below 2-2500. Downshifting is when the problems begin . Pulling in the clutch from second to first( the rpms drop below 1000 and the motor wants to shutdown). Actually just got home from work 2 mn ago and I stalled twice.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:20 PM
shooter64
Former Sponsor

How many miles on your tmax so far and list your build and your map number, maybe I can help.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:38 PM
creep1
Road Captain

Shooter- Got about 300 miles on the tmax , runnin reinhart true duals , s&s gear driven 570's, k&n filter. Dont know the map # ??

Old 08-30-2007, 09:54 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

Is your T-Max the auto tune version? Get the software from your "tuner" and then fire the guy. The advantage to having a T-Max is that you don't need a tuner, it tunes itself. Having the software on your own laptop puts YOU in control. If I were you I'd start from scratch with the right base map. Who knows what this guy did to your timing and AFR's???

Old 08-30-2007, 10:03 PM
creep1
Road Captain

Just found this on the tmax faq page..............5. Why do some bikes require more fine-tuning adjustments than others with similar parts?

Based on a tolerance stack of several critical components, certain variables may require fine tuning your ThunderMax EFI Module. Some of these "variables" can be the throttle blade setting on factory throttle body, injector spray patterns and variances in fuel pressure, for example. This may require some base map adjusting. SmartLink software, included with the ThunderMax EFI Module, makes these adjustments easy!

Could this possibly be my answer. Sounds like maybe my fuel pressure is dropping on decel or the spray is lacking at some point.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:06 PM
shooter64
Former Sponsor

Yes, who knows really what your guy put in for a map........could be outdated, etc.........get your software, install, and we will help you through it.

Quick Reply: Tmax failing part II